The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 28, 2005, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigwhistle
If anyone has the MSU UK on tape, please check out the sequence when MSU made about a 8-0 run between the 9 minute and 8 minute mark left in regulation. I looked at the play a few times where MSU scored to send the score from 61 to 64 and I thought that the shooter's foot was on the line. Since I am the only person who has even noticed this, I am wondering if my new 57 inch TV has a smudge or something on it.

BTW, this is not a gripe that UK would have won by one if the play was a 2. The game is played and coached according to the score, so adjustments would have been made if the score was different.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2005, 12:03pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by bigwhistle
If anyone has the MSU UK on tape, please check out the sequence when MSU made about a 8-0 run between the 9 minute and 8 minute mark left in regulation. I looked at the play a few times where MSU scored to send the score from 61 to 64 and I thought that the shooter's foot was on the line. Since I am the only person who has even noticed this, I am wondering if my new 57 inch TV has a smudge or something on it.

BTW, this is not a gripe that UK would have won by one if the play was a 2. The game is played and coached according to the score, so adjustments would have been made if the score was different.
This could be an interesting thread, but it won't get much attention since there are at least two other threads with similar titles that are regarding a different play (the one at the end of regulation). I'll go back and look at the play you describe and see what I think. Others might also. But you might get a better, more nuanced respoinse if you change the title.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2005, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigwhistle

I agree with you, I thought it was a two and the officials went to replay to figure it out. The problem is while you've got 57 inches they've only got 12 so there isn't much they're gonna see.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2005, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigwhistle
Actually on this play they never went to replay.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2005, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

Guys, I do not think hes talking about the last second shot here, he's talking about another one.
Old Tue Mar 29, 2005, 06:57am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

They should have 20 inch 16:9 HD monitors for instant replay. A monitor that big will not take up much space, and could even slide beneath the table when not in use.
Old Tue Mar 29, 2005, 07:48am
Official Forum Member

Some guys invent things, just to brag about their new telebision!
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

In my opinion, he's right. I noticed this too during the game. The shot was by Anderson at the 8:06 mark of the second half and made the score 64-58.
I was very similar to the Sparks shot. The shooter steps into the shot with his right foot and his toe is super close to the line.
Since he has a blue tip on his shoe and the three pt line was white, it makes this one a bit easier to see. To me it looks like he is touching the line.

Burr was the T on the play and was way back near midcourt when he signalled a 3. The C had a decent look at the play, but let it go.

The officials did not go to the monitor on this one.