The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN

As for Welmer, keep wishing. A source I have says he'll never get in the Final Four. I wish he'd make it, too.
Why is that?
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member

Monday officials

John Cahill, Ed Corbett & Verne Harris
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 05:40pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Re: Monday officials

Quote:
Originally posted by ghostref
This cracks me up!

ghostref posts his first message and it's contents are specifying the officials for tonight.

Welcome to the forum!
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 05:56pm
Official Forum Member

Sounds like an excellent crew, I have had the pleasure of attending Mr. Harris' clinic, and I have yet to meet a more engaging and personable official in my sorted basketball career (6 years offficiating, three years coaching, and over thirty years playing...) As far as Mr. Cahill and Mr. Corbert, I have not had the oppoortuntiy to meet either...but I must admit to watching college basketball just to see the officials, and to my knowledge, the games I have watched; both have done an excellent job. That is why I like watching female bball because it seems that they have wider camera angles and I get to watch the officials more.
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Monday officials

Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quote:
Originally posted by ghostref
This cracks me up!

ghostref posts his first message and it's contents are specifying the officials for tonight.

Welcome to the forum!
...figured I'd jump in with both feet.
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 07:16pm
Official Forum Member

I'm not a big fan of Corbett. He seems a little stand-offish on the court to me sometimes. However, I do realize my opinion means nothing, and he's doing the national championship game, and I sure as heck am not. Congrats to all three.

BTW, I believe this will be Verne Harris' second consecutive NC game. I remember him from working mostly in the PAC-10, but I noticed he worked some in the Big XII this year as well.

Corbett and Cahill are northeastern guys who work alot in the Big East and the smaller conferences up yonder, like the MAAC and the Patriot, I believe.
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 09:05pm
Huck Finn

This is Verne Harris' second championship game in a row. I wonder if he was the R (let's see who bites )?
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 09:08pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
Quote:

As for Welmer, keep wishing. A source I have says he'll never get in the Final Four. I wish he'd make it, too.
Why is that?
BITS, are you serious? This one makes me laugh
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 09:09pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
This is Verne Harris' second championship game in a row. I wonder if he was the R (let's see who bites )?
He did not throw up the ball. Not sure if he was the Referee or not.

Peace
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 09:16pm
Huck Finn

Actually he did toss the ball. But you added the wink so we are on seeing eye to eye.
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 09:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

It looked like a white guy that threw up the ball. Verne is rather light-skinned. So with the bright lights, I could have been mistaken.

Peace
Old Tue Apr 05, 2005, 12:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of Corbett. He seems a little stand-offish on the court to me sometimes. However, I do realize my opinion means nothing, and he's doing the national championship game, and I sure as heck am not. Congrats to all three.

BTW, I believe this will be Verne Harris' second consecutive NC game. I remember him from working mostly in the PAC-10, but I noticed he worked some in the Big XII this year as well.

Corbett and Cahill are northeastern guys who work alot in the Big East and the smaller conferences up yonder, like the MAAC and the Patriot, I believe.
Verne also works the MWC which makes 3 out of 6 officials that work my favorite conference LOL McCall and Harris last year and Harris again this year..... woooo hoooooo... LOL
Old Tue Apr 05, 2005, 08:19am
Official Forum Member

Cahill and Corbett

John Cahill is finally starting to get the recognition he deserves. In addition to the other conferences Trigger mentioned, he also picked up a limited ACC schedule this year.

I agree that Corbett can be standoffish with coaches at times, but he always maintains a great rapport with the table, has great court awareness and works incredibly hard. Last year, he hurt his knee during the season. He had surgery, rehabbed it and was back on the court in three weeks. I saw his first game back and he was as sharp as if he'd never missed any time on the court.

Old Tue Apr 05, 2005, 08:39am
Official Forum Member

Corbett did in fact throw the toss.
Old Tue Apr 05, 2005, 09:31am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Corbett did in fact throw the toss.
Can someone who recorded the game chime in here. I specifically watched this for some reason. I say it was Harris. I was paying attention to Verne to see where he went and noticed he was acting a little jumpy at first like another official form out that way.