The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 09:20pm
Official Forum Member

Smile Foul disparity

Dawg - It seems you've got the right idea. I agree with jurrasic. Call your conscience and keep your integrity. However I know some successful officials who have been quoted as giving the same advise. I must admit, I'm a bit confused by this. How can we make calls based on their own merits if we're keeping track of such things?

Now this ought to stir things up some:
Nevada really blew the call when he said he had a choice when the multiple foul occurred. NFHS 4.19.10 Read rule and case.
Don't blow a cork Neva. I wouldn't call it that way (though by the book) either. Would anyone? It seems some things in the book ought to be deleted.

As a "good rules guy" you know it's true don't ya Jurrasic? And this is not the only one we NEVER will call. For instance, When is the last time anyone called a False Double Foul? And there's much more we don't call that we have rules support for. Some things should be deleted, some should be CALLED!

Point is, "How do we maintain integrity when we know what the rules say but don't make the calls". I'm seriously looking for some insight here. It's obvious you can't adher to the "letter of the law" and judgement is of utmost importance but how does one know where to draw the line?