The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:03pm
M.A.S.H.

Arrow

Of course it's Packer and Nance. Did anyone else catch Nance say they called 10 seconds in the frontcourt? It was probably around the 17/18 minute mark of the first half.
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:06pm
Official Forum Member

How about the great foul call that was just made and the babbling idiots were talking about how bad it was because it was "all ball" and "his arms were straight up". The freakin body contact was so hard and the defender undercut the shooter. These guys need to STFU.

Also, what was the reason for the video review on the OOB??? The morons were talking about a foul vs OOB vs touch. I couldn't figure out the video review though....

(fixed spelling)

[Edited by cmckenna on Mar 25th, 2005 at 08:09 PM]
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:07pm
Official Forum Member

Okay, 4.2 to go in the half. Obviously the clock doesn't start and the correctly cancel the basket.

But the stupid thing is that they're showing instant replay and Billy Packer is counting, thousand one, thousand two, etc. The problem is they're showing the play in SLO-MOTION!!!

WHAT AN IDIOT!!!
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by cmckenna
How about the great foul call that was just made and the babbling idiots were talking about how bad it was because it was "all ball" and "his arms were straight up".
And just when he's saying the words "straight up" you can see the defender with his arm at about a 45 degree angle!
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:09pm
Official Forum Member

And Packer he said the only three teams to return to the Sweet 16 from last year were Illinois, Duke, and Michigan State, right after he gets done talking about how OSU went to the final four last year.
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
How about the great foul call that was just made and the babbling idiots were talking about how bad it was because it was "all ball" and "his arms were straight up".
And just when he's saying the words "straight up" you can see the defender with his arm at about a 45 degree angle!
Juulie - Did you catch the comment about the defender didn't make a choping motion so it's not a foul? How do these guys dream this stuff up. I can't wait till next season when some kid says to me "hey ref, I didn't chop him"
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

My answer to Billy Packer is DIRECTV. Have the Mega March Madness package and watching the NC State/Wisconsin game. Rather watch Mich State/Duke, but Packer isn't allowed in my house. What an "IDIOT."

Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:25pm
Official Forum Member

I'm sitting here at my apartment in Austin wishing I was there. (To watch, not officiate.)

But yeah, I'd rather hear Jay Bilas and his crazy babble than Packer and Nance.
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:34pm
Official Forum Member

Just sat down to supper when the game started. She asked me why the sound was muted. I told her, "Packer" and she said, "Nuff said". I luv that woman to death, even though she won't watch much with me
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:46pm
Official Forum Member

13:49 remaining in the 2nd half.

MSU running, fast break.

An absolutely horrible traveling call.

Player bobble the ball, no had control, C calls traveling.

Dookies. Going down!
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
13:49 remaining in the 2nd half.

MSU running, fast break.

An absolutely horrible traveling call.

Player bobble the ball, no had control, C calls traveling.

Dookies. Going down!

Yeah.. Go Green!!
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 09:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
How about the great foul call that was just made and the babbling idiots were talking about how bad it was because it was "all ball" and "his arms were straight up". The freakin body contact was so hard and the defender undercut the shooter. These guys need to STFU.

Also, what was the reason for the video review on the OOB??? The morons were talking about a foul vs OOB vs touch. I couldn't figure out the video review though....

(fixed spelling)

[Edited by cmckenna on Mar 25th, 2005 at 08:09 PM]
The calling official clearly signaled a push and they are analyzing replays to see if the player got hit on the arm. AAAAAAAAH!! This has happened several time during the tournament. Officials call a push because of excessive body contact and the announcers are saying what a bad call because he got all ball.
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 09:12pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
They didn't know what "paradigm" and "holistic" meant?!?! Sheez...
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 09:15pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Of course it's Packer and Nance. Did anyone else catch Nance say they called 10 seconds in the frontcourt? It was probably around the 17/18 minute mark of the first half.

I did, and I just considered the source.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 09:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Okay, 4.2 to go in the half. Obviously the clock doesn't start and the correctly cancel the basket.

But the stupid thing is that they're showing instant replay and Billy Packer is counting, thousand one, thousand two, etc. The problem is they're showing the play in SLO-MOTION!!!

WHAT AN IDIOT!!!
Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne thoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooousand oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnne.

Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne thoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooousand twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo.

What a Marooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.