The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 06:44pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

Who's livid? Who said anything negative aboue women's basketball? I don't understand your post.
Juulie,

You will have to ask those that seemed to think Women's basketball does not have any politics involved. I am not the person to answer your question. I would not consider that negative, but there are those that might think so.

Peace

Old Sat Mar 26, 2005, 11:14am
Esteemed Participant

Good question Juulie...don't know who's livid - but I do know that JRut's trying to change his comments mid-stream again. I never said that there were no politics involved in NCAA Women's Officiating (and Juulie, who knows me personally, can attest to the fact that I have discussed that very issue at camps before)...however, Mr. Rutledge made a statement that there was MORE politics on the Women's side - I disagreed with that, he tried to change what he said, I called him on that, and now his buddy PS2 jumps in to say someone is livid...ib the immortal words of Jurassic - "Lah me!"
Old Sat Mar 26, 2005, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Good question Juulie...don't know who's livid - but I do know that JRut's trying to change his comments mid-stream again. I never said that there were no politics involved in NCAA Women's Officiating (and Juulie, who knows me personally, can attest to the fact that I have discussed that very issue at camps before)...however, Mr. Rutledge made a statement that there was MORE politics on the Women's side - I disagreed with that, he tried to change what he said, I called him on that, and now his buddy PS2 jumps in to say someone is livid...ib the immortal words of Jurassic - "Lah me!"
DJ -- Breathe. Let it go. You'll feel a lot better in a few minutes, I promise.

PS did you have any interesting post-season games? If you don't feel like bragging, you can e-mail me privately, and I"ll post it for you!
Old Sat Mar 26, 2005, 03:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Why does it bother you so much what I say? I have every right to feel a certain way about Women's basketball. Both Men's and Women's basketball has a lot of politics involved. In my opinion, Women's basketball has more politics or more factors where an even smaller group of people get the big assignments. I base that on what I have seen and what those say that work at that level. If you feel that is outside of what you believe, so what. I live in a large metropolitan area where there are officials that work D1 ball on both sides. The Big Ten office is in this area. They Big Ten alone holds a Men's camp and the assignor for the Big Ten Women holds a camp in the area as well. There are a lot of officials that are trying to go after that big time college dream and do not have to get in a plane or drive hundreds of miles to get there. I am just sharing you there sentiments and their opinions as well. If you do not agree with that, who cares at the end of the day?

Peace
Old Sat Mar 26, 2005, 11:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I said you were acting livid based on your reaction to what is really not a big deal. It seems like you do not want an opposite opinion to what you believe being shared here. JRut gave an opinion. That is all. If you do not like those opinions then coming to a place like this is going to cause you a lot of problems. You sound like a softball umpire that tries to convince everyone that working softball is better than working baseball. It is a hollow argument just like your debate here is.