The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 10:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by buckrog64
I use a certain type of large box so that if something happens to me on the court, they can ship me back in it. It's all prepaid, ready to go.
Hey, that's a good idea. Carry your stuff to games in a box using a 2 wheel dolly. Then you can keep your shoes in their original box and it will pack rather nicely. Currently I bring in all my gear hanging on a rolling laundry rack. This poses a problem when I have to tie my shoe laces together because sometimes the knot pulls pretty tight.
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 01:13pm
M.A.S.H.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mj
Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:
Originally posted by mj
Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
I know we've talked about this a million times, but I'm bored!

I think you've been bored for awhile Tanner. Over 1000 posts since October!!
Do I know you...you seem to know me!? Well, while that's true, I could carless about the number of posts I've got, I'm on here everyday after I get done with my classes just to have fun and learn whatever I can. Basically, I've got nothing better to do.

[Edited by tjones1 on Mar 24th, 2005 at 09:13 PM]
I'm sure you don't know me. I don't post that often but I'm on here daily so I know your first name.
It's cool, I was just sort of lost. No biggie!
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 01:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to drothamel
I use a black Samsonite on wheels. I used to use a regular black gym bag. All I can say is God bless the person that decided to put wheels on luggage! It is definitely better than carrying stuff over your shoulder. I also carry my jacket on a separate hanger, because I hate getting it all wrinkled in my bag, plus it gives me a place to hang my office clothes during the game.

I will say that the hobo/bag on a stick look sounds interesting. It could be whole new fashion trend. I can just see Coach or Ralph Lauren coming out with something that people carry around the Hamptons to throw in the back of the Bentley. Give it a 5th Ave. meets the Appalachians feel.
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 01:38pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
I prefer the plastic bags from Kroger's myself.

It's easier to use the shopping carts. They carry a lot more equipment. Easy to push. You can tie sharp objects to the front of one for those occasions when you have to make a quick getaway after a game. A little cardboard over the top keeps out the snow/rain. You can even sell advertising to put on the sides if you want--"Joe's Eyeglasses".
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

I got an idea that expands on my grocery store plastic bags. I'm thinking about upgrading to FootLocker bags on the end of that pine tree limb. That way, it looks somewhat "official". The fans already think I'm a FootLocker sales guy moonlighting as a basketball official.
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

I use a cheap luggage bag with rollers that I bought at Wal-Mart about 2 1/2 years ago. I am probably going to get another bag soon because this one is getting warn out.
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 03:34pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
I prefer the plastic bags from Kroger's myself.

It's easier to use the shopping carts. They carry a lot more equipment. Easy to push. You can tie sharp objects to the front of one for those occasions when you have to make a quick getaway after a game. A little cardboard over the top keeps out the snow/rain. You can even sell advertising to put on the sides if you want--"Joe's Eyeglasses".

JR:

I like your idea. You go into the used shopping cart sales business for sports officials.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 07:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WyMike
Quote:
Originally posted by bballrob
Oh man, this is a whole new topic. There's one dude in our association that stinks up the whole dressing room with that $hit when he's gettin ready for a game.
Which reminds me about men's league the other night. Lucky for me I was wearing my glasses instead of contacts as there was so much Ben Gay in the air it was not only difficult to breathe - my eye's were burning!
I heard this complaint during the last week of the season. Was doing a 3-whistle GV game and all of us were using either ben-gay or flexsol. JV guys were complaining about the smell. Told them the smell was how you tell the better officials.