The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 01:27am
Official Forum Member

It was just reported on ESPN that John Chaney will return next season to coach at Temple.

I was greatly disappointed in that school's decision. After the goon episode, it became clear to me that Chaney has no place working with kids in a college environment.

Since Temple didn't take care of this problem, I would like to see the NCAA step up and suspend Chaney. One full year would probably be enough to get him to retire, but a lifetime ban would be appropriate.
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 01:33am
Do not give a damn!!

I would also like to see George Bush be impeached for lying to this country and the Congress why we went into Iraq and removed from office. We all know that is not going to happen either. So your opinion is interesting and you have the right to share it, but it is not going to change what is going to happen. If the NCAA did not take any action at this point, then I am sure nothing else is going to happen now.

Peace
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 01:35am
Official Forum Member

While I must concede that you are probably right, it is plausible that the NCAA was waiting to see how Temple would handle the issue. They may have been hoping that the problem would go away without them needing to act.

Since we now know that is clearly not going to be the case, it will be interesting to see if they take action.
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 07:31am
Official Forum Member

Temple University should be ashamed of their decision and their basketball program. At least, thugs like Huggins and Knight can get their teams into a tournament as large as 65 teams in the country.

Mulk
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 08:58am
Huck Finn

Although it wasn't the subject of the original post I have to agree with Rut on this one. We (Americans) should be ashamed of many things that go on in our country every day. I don't think this incident is worth the media attention. The only dumb thing about it is that is got out.

What was the kid's name that got hurt? I think he was playing in the game last night which means he wasn't hurt as bad as the media would have us believe. He dunked the ball pretty hard which I don't think I would want to do with at broken arm!
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the political statement, Rut. That's exactly what I'm looking for in an officiating forum. If you want to impeach Bush, then make sure you take all the democrats with you. They're just as guilty of lies and deception as all republicans are. It's the nature of politics.

Shall I start a thread about basketball, and then completely go off course, and give you my feelings on the Terry Schiavo case? Would that really be relevant?
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Close it!! Close the thread NOW!!!!
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Close it!! Close the thread NOW!!!!
Amen! Rut took the wrong meds today and if you don't close it, he will deliver another one of his Unabomber-esqe manifestos!

Z
Closed Thread