The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

While driving to the basket, A1 crossover dribbles as he enters the lane and the ball clips his knee cap but he keeps the dribble and possession.

Could someone point out where this is addressed in the rule book? I've looked under definitions for 'travel' and 'dribble' and neither specifically mentions this (unless I'm missing it). Is this considered an interrupted dribble?

30+ Mens League and I didn't see it happen.
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

if you can't find it, it is legal

Mike,
This is legal, I wouldn't even call it an interrupted dribble. The big rule of the rules is this, if it isn't specifically illegal, it is legal.
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

How about in open court if A1 manages to hit the ball with his leg during a dribble but does not "lose" the dribble? This wouldn't be a traveling call either, correct?

EDIT: And just because *I* can't find it doesn't make it legal!
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WyMike
How about in open court if A1 manages to hit the ball with his leg during a dribble but does not "lose" the dribble? This wouldn't be a traveling call either, correct?

You can't travel when you're dribbling. IMPOSSIBLE!
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 04:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WyMike

Yes Mike, it would not be a traveling violation no matter what the crowd and coach says LOL...and I know what you mean about being able to find something in the rules...LOL...hey are you going to Casper this weekend??
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 05:18pm
Official Forum Member

I was in Casper Thursday morning and watched 3 games before a business meeting. Wanted to get back down there on Saturday but the girlfriend couldn't make the early morning alarm. Something about the dinner and drinks the night before?!?!

Was really pissed when the tv station lost it's signal and we couldn't see the 4A games. Did you work any of the games?
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 05:42pm
Official Forum Member

Nope I didn't work any this weekend. I worked the 1a 2a SE regional, and then was done. I was talking about the little kids tournament in Casper this weekend...or are you going to work up in Sheridan at that one??
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 05:57pm
Official Forum Member

15 games of Best of the West right here in Sheridan for me this weekend! I was supposed to head to Deadwood with my girlfriend but the assignor was really in bad shape here so I wanted to help him out. I did consider sending the reply card back to Casper but told her I'd go to Deadwood instead as I've been busy with games and rec leagues. But when the assignor called and asked for help I'd been in the same situations with VB tournies before and it isn't fun.

btw... I do have a comfortable couch and she'll eventually get over it! lol