The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 03, 2001, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

The fans at my school love the "it's all over" cheer, which I absolutely despise. Its use brought up a conversation about the validity of calling the game prematurely (the fans chanted at 3 min, 2 min, and 1 min, approximately). I'd like to know, what is the largest deficit/least time win you've seen pulled off?
Old Sun Mar 04, 2001, 12:19pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

I saw an 8 point lead evaporate in 1 min. 46 sec. at a girls soph game last year. And fouling was not the cause. lousy ball control was.
Old Sun Mar 04, 2001, 12:43pm
In Memoriam

Smile This was one in 1965. What is yours?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
The fans at my school love the "it's all over" cheer, which I absolutely despise. Its use brought up a conversation about the validity of calling the game prematurely (the fans chanted at 3 min, 2 min, and 1 min, approximately). I'd like to know, what is the largest deficit/least time win you've seen pulled off?
It's in the breeze, yeah.
It's in my knees, yeah.
It's on my hips, yeah.
It's on my lips, yeah.
It's in the air, yeah.
It's everywhere, yeah.
It's all over, yeah.
It's all over, yeah.
It's all over.

mick
Old Sun Mar 04, 2001, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

hehehe

Our school chants:

Na na na na
Na na na na
Hey Hey Hey
Goodbye!

I love it!

Matt
Old Sun Mar 04, 2001, 10:41pm
Official Forum Member

Problem with my school

We have a rather large foreign student population, and they just don't do justice to the good ol' U-S-of-A chants. Would you be willing to come in and teach them some?

Quote:
Originally posted by OPTIPLEX2001
Our school chants:

Na na na na
Na na na na
Hey Hey Hey
Goodbye!

I love it!

Matt
Old Mon Mar 05, 2001, 09:35am
Suppref

Unbelievable

Quote:
Boys hs game 30-40 seconds left, down 11, 3 threes off two turnovers and a T on the coach. Way cool being a prt of that kind of game.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2001, 12:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
I guess the classic on this is the Duke, Maryland game where Duke was down by 10 with a minute to go. I have not witnessed a better comeback than that one.

As far as the chants go. When I am in the stands, I am singing with the kids. I think we all know when the game is over. I just wish some of the players would realize it and quit fouling down by 10 with 10 seconds to go.
Old Wed Mar 07, 2001, 12:04am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Roden
I just wish some of the players would realize it and quit fouling down by 10 with 10 seconds to go.
This is my pet peeve too. I heard a new "chant" this year at the girls Tourney. The band played "Another One Bites the Dust"....
Old Wed Mar 07, 2001, 04:27pm
Administrator

Quote:

During the 1965-66 season (I am not kidding), I saw a team blow a 7 point lead with only 13 seconds left in the game. It was a boys' H.S. freshmen game. After blowing that lead on our own home court we finally won the game in four overtime periods. I was a member of the winning team and I will never forget the practice that we had the next day.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Wed Mar 07, 2001, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

I seem to remember a college game a few years back with two small schools during their conference tourney. One team came back from 18 inside of a minute forty.

It was raining three's.
Old Fri Mar 09, 2001, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to mcdanrd Send a message via AIM to mcdanrd Send a message via Yahoo to mcdanrd
The popular near-end-of-game cheer at our high school is:
"WHO'S YOUR DADDY?" Sounded kind of rude the first time I heard it but I had to laugh when a visiting team's student section thru it back in our kids' face during the second meeting of the two teams. Obviously a different outcome the second game.