LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: Re: Re: Had something similar..only it was HC

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Just read it & shut up.
First of all, I'm not sure why you posted this article as a response to my comments about flagrant or non-flagrant technicals.

Second, why would this article shut someone up if s/he were "anti-Chaney" or if s/he thought he should be fired? Mickey tells a couple of great stories about him and he's a good guy?

He is a good guy in many ways. He runs a clean program, no NCAA violations. He graduates his players. His players love him and are loyal to him. He's in the Hall of Fame.

But he's not a good guy on the court. There is no denying that. He has struck his players. He has choked a player. He has threatened to kill an opposing coach. He has now called his own player a "goon" and sent him to intentionally commit "hard" fouls.

Love him, hate him -- I don't really care. But a fluff piece done for his induction into the HOF is hardly a definitive picture of the man.
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 11:45am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: Re: Re: Re: Had something similar..only it was HC

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Just read it & shut up.
First of all, I'm not sure why you posted this article as a response to my comments about flagrant or non-flagrant technicals.

Second, why would this article shut someone up if s/he were "anti-Chaney" or if s/he thought he should be fired? Mickey tells a couple of great stories about him and he's a good guy?

He is a good guy in many ways. He runs a clean program, no NCAA violations. He graduates his players. His players love him and are loyal to him. He's in the Hall of Fame.

But he's not a good guy on the court. There is no denying that. He has struck his players. He has choked a player. He has threatened to kill an opposing coach. He has now called his own player a "goon" and sent him to intentionally commit "hard" fouls.

Love him, hate him -- I don't really care. But a fluff piece done for his induction into the HOF is hardly a definitive picture of the man.
1. Go back & read the post again. I underlined the somewhat relevant part and I thought you might get a kick out of war story #572.

2. My comment was not directed at you at all, my apologies if you took it that way. The article included a play similar to that of the thread topic and was about someone we have been discussing lately. It was nice to post a positive piece on the man - but I did NOT want start up the race wars again.
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 12:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Had something similar..only it was HC

Quote:
1. Go back & read the post again. I underlined the somewhat relevant part and I thought you might get a kick out of war story #572.
The story is funny, as are all the "war stories". In fact, I recently told the one about Mickey's gray pants in the Garden with Carneseca. What number is that one?

Quote:
2. My comment was not directed at you at all, my apologies if you took it that way. The article included a play similar to that of the thread topic and was about someone we have been discussing lately.
"Apologies"? Jeez, yer gettin' soft in yer old age! I wasn't offended, just confused as to why it was posted as a response to my non-Chaney-related post.

I did notice that there was a play similar to the one being discussed, but it didn't really give us any help b/c no one saw it at the time. Oh well.
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 12:46pm
In Memoriam

Quote:

[/B]
It was nice to post a positive piece on the man - but I did NOT want start up the race wars again. [/B][/QUOTE]Martelli of St. Joes said that he was gonna get even the next time they played Temple. Yup, said that he was gonna put a goon out there to get Bill Cosby.
Old Wed Mar 09, 2005, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder The trailing official correctly ruled it was Texas's ball.
Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder That's what I thought. My thinking was that if the official didn't think this was intentional (i.e. the ball was simply thrown too far OOB and hit these guys accidentally), it was out of bounds on Texas, OSU ball.

Ok, so to which team did the official award the ball? You have said both now. I didn't see the game or the play.

No I didn't. I said they ruled Texas ball. Then I said that there was no way (in my mind) they COULD rule Texas's ball without also ruling a Technical Foul on OSU. It was either Intentional (T!) or Unintentional (OSU's ball). Instead, they ruled Texas ball, no T.