The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 04, 2005, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

I'm sure all of you have had those coaches and players who refuse to accept resonsibility for a loss. With these guys or girls, it always the fault of the officiating.

I've had quite a few close games toward the end of the season that boiled down to a last shot. Of course thats the only play anybody seems to remember. (Makes me wonder why we even play the first half)

My response to a coach who says "You're killing me out there" is: Coach, How many free throws have you missed?, or How many times have you turned the ball over?

Without sounding like a smart a$$, how do you handle a coach or player who wants to blame everything on the officiating.

Oh yeah - Thanks for the ones that know how to talk to us and ask what we saw or why we called something a particular way instead of just going beserk.
Old Fri Mar 04, 2005, 02:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ranjo
My response to a coach who says "You're killing me out there" is: Coach, How many free throws have you missed?, or How many times have you turned the ball over?
"Coach, you're getting a fair shake. You'e in the game. You just need to keep coaching your kids and not worry about us."
Old Fri Mar 04, 2005, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

How about "Tweet" followed by a T sign?
Old Fri Mar 04, 2005, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ranjo

I think BktBallRef refs reply is a great one.

Another one might be, "coach, I'll gladly answer your questions if they're in a civil tone, but comments like that are not helpful to either one of us."

Z