The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 19, 1999, 02:24am
Official Forum Member

I have two questions (one about an actual call and one abut a stat in basketball)

Question 1: What would be the the proper call if A1 went up with the ball to shoot but had the ball hit by B1 on the way up and lost momentary control but recovered on the way down before landing and then landed with the ball. Would this be walking, jump ball, or no call?

Question two: When scoring a basketball game or keeping stats for the game how would the following be recorded. A1 is shooting a free throw and A2 is called for a lane violation. Would this count in the official stats as a free throw attempt for A1?
Old Sun Dec 19, 1999, 02:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Hohn Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Hohn
Lightbulb

I would probably have to call that a no call due to the fact that b1 touched it therefore a1 had lost player control at that point. about the free throw, it shouldn't be recorded as an attempt, because I think I would be pretty upset at my teammate if I was shooting 100% for the year and a teammate violated!!
Old Sun Dec 19, 1999, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

Question 1: If the ball was released(came free from his grasp) then it is nothing. If it was not released then it is a held ball, go to the arrow.
Old Fri Dec 24, 1999, 01:20am
Official Forum Member

Brian's reply on Ques. 1 is correct. Ques. 2 is a violation and no shot is recorded as shot was forfeited by violation.
quote:
Originally posted by akingsfan on 12-19-1999 01:24 AM
I have two questions (one about an actual call and one abut a stat in basketball)

Question 1: What would be the the proper call if A1 went up with the ball to shoot but had the ball hit by B1 on the way up and lost momentary control but recovered on the way down before landing and then landed with the ball. Would this be walking, jump ball, or no call?

Question two: When scoring a basketball game or keeping stats for the game how would the following be recorded. A1 is shooting a free throw and A2 is called for a lane violation. Would this count in the official stats as a free throw attempt for A1?