The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 21, 2005, 05:53pm
Official Forum Member

Question

OK fellas I've been looking online the whole day and have yet to find credible info about a decent summer refing camp. I from cleveland ohio so anybody with any info about any camps in the area would be helpful.
Old Mon Feb 21, 2005, 07:13pm
Official Forum Member

camp

good place to start....

http://iaabo.org/IAABO%20Boards/ohio_iaabo_boards.htm

email and ask for info.
Old Mon Feb 21, 2005, 10:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LouisianaDave
a couple of years ago I went to George Toliver's camp in VA, was a good teaching school, but too much emphasis on NBA mechanics, also the NBA refs were very, very arrogant.

Anyone know any information about the coast to coast school in Vegas, I want to go this year, but they havent updated the site, and is it even worth the money to go to
Old Mon Feb 21, 2005, 11:40pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by chrs_schuster
OK fellas I've been looking online the whole day and have yet to find credible info about a decent summer refing camp. I from cleveland ohio so anybody with any info about any camps in the area would be helpful.
Our association has conducted a 3 person CLINIC for the last 9 years in Norwalk,OH. This year it will be on June 11. We have 2 sessions; from 8am to about 2pm, or 12:30 to 7:30.

No cost to attend. Usually aroud 60 attending, with another 20 clinicians. It is held as part of a 24 team shootout. If you are interested contact me for an application.
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 12:16am
Official Forum Member

------------------------------------------------------------Originally posted by chrs_schuster
------------------------------------------------------------

Same question...only location is Illinois??
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 02:50am
Official Forum Member

http://www.dalekelley.com
http://www.bluestreakcamps.com/derosabasketball.txp
http://www.toliverbasketball.com
http://www.vspn.com/gliac/CMUCampApplication.htm
Just a couple off the top of my head.

[Edited by lrpalmer3 on Feb 22nd, 2005 at 05:59 AM]
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jeref
------------------------------------------------------------Originally posted by chrs_schuster

Midwest Officials Camp -- run by Al Raya at Illinois College the weekend before July 4.

Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

Does anyone know of any good college camps for down south. I am in Louisiana.
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 10:47am
Official Forum Member

Hey red im also in Louisiana, i know of the LHSAA camp here in BR, its good for what it is, there is the GCAC camp over in Hattiesburg MS, and Ive been to Tolivers camp in VA, good teaching. Then there are a couple of TX camps the rice ref school, and one up in dallas. All but the LHSAA camp have college supervisors.
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

Have you been to the LHSAA one before. I kind of wanted to go somewhere that had college supers
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Ive been to LHSAA the last couple of years, if you want to go to a camp with college supv, and want to start small go to the GCAC camp in Hattiesburg, MS been there twice and a lot of Baton Rouge and NOLA guys along with MS guys are there. The supv are Gulf Coast(GCAC) , MS Jr College(MJCAC) , and Sun Belt are there.
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

Dave,

do you know if they have a website or how I can find out more about it?

Thanks for your help. I may go to the LHSAA one also this year. i have never been to a camp and need to start going to a couple a year. I have heard that it helps a lot.
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

For 40 bucks the LHSAA camp isnt bad, u get games and u get seen by the comissioner and maybe can get playoff games. Go to this website http://www.gcaconf.com and email them. They will then send you an application, this is how I got to the camp. The camp costs either 200 or 250, I forget. BTW where in LA, are you Red, Im in Baton Rouge, and there is another guy on here from the Alexandria association.
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

$40 bucks isn't bad. I just wasn't sure how good it was for that amount. I am also in BR. I just called the GCC supervisor and left my info with him
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 12:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
Originally posted by jeref

Midwest Officials Camp -- run by Al Raya at Illinois College the weekend before July 4.

Al's camp is geared towards Women's basketball. If that is what you want to do.

If you are interested in Men's Basketball, the Chicago land Camp run by Harry Bohn (usually held at Willowbrook High School) in June. I do not have the dates yet.

Also the Next Level Camp is run by Marvin Sykes. Marvin is a D1 Women's Official, but is attempting to get officials to all levels. The one session he has at De LaSalle High School is a tournament with some of the best potential D1 Men's college player in the country. You cannot get much more talent to officiate than at this camp.

Here is a link--http://www.nextlevelofficiating.com/resources.html

You can also attend Patty BroderickÂ’s camp which is also geared to Women's D1 Basketball (She assigns the Big Ten). There is a link at the next level website.

The dates for all these camps are really not out for at least a few more weeks. I will post more information when I get it.

Peace