The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 20, 2005, 01:28pm
Official Forum Member

NCAAW-Player A1 has blood on her after being fouled. My partner for some reason asks me what to do, she's at the free throw line. I say 'get her out' and go to the coach and tell him he has to sub for her. Then we're told there is blood on the floor, so we have to get a kit to clean it up. This causes a delay and in the meantime she is ready to go and he wants us to let her stay and shoot the free throws. I maintain that he has to use a timeout to keep her in the game, so the sub shoots the free throws. Was I correct?
Old Sun Feb 20, 2005, 11:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by devdog69
NCAAW-Player A1 has blood on her after being fouled. My partner for some reason asks me what to do, she's at the free throw line. I say 'get her out' and go to the coach and tell him he has to sub for her. Then we're told there is blood on the floor, so we have to get a kit to clean it up. This causes a delay and in the meantime she is ready to go and he wants us to let her stay and shoot the free throws. I maintain that he has to use a timeout to keep her in the game, so the sub shoots the free throws. Was I correct?
I would think if the coach burned a to, she could shoot the shots herself.
Old Mon Feb 21, 2005, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
If the player gets the bleeding to stop on her own, then she can stay in the game. If the trainer (or a towel from the bench, or a band-aid) was invilved, she must leave, or the coach must use a TO.
Old Mon Feb 21, 2005, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
If the player gets the bleeding to stop on her own, then she can stay in the game. If the trainer (or a towel from the bench, or a band-aid) was invilved, she must leave, or the coach must use a TO.
... or the sub shoots the ft's?