The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 19, 2005, 02:07pm
M.A.S.H.

My season is over. Last game was last night and things went pretty well to close on! Time to clean up the gear one last time hang it up and get my baseball gear out and shine it up. As of now, only 215 days until my first scheduled basketball game!
Old Sat Feb 19, 2005, 02:18pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
My season is over. Last game was last night and things went pretty well to close on! Time to clean up the gear one last time hang it up and get my baseball gear out and shine it up. As of now, only 215 days until my first scheduled basketball game!
I'm down to six games. I've only worked about 30 games -- all varsity and juco games with the exception of one fill-in JV game.

The lower number of games means I'm not feeling serious burnout as the playoffs start on Tuesday.

42 days till my first baseball DH. I predict there will be cold involved and maybe some precipitation.
Old Sat Feb 19, 2005, 02:25pm
M.A.S.H.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
42 days till my first baseball DH. I predict there will be cold involved and maybe some precipitation.

Ahhh yes, March 21st is my first game. I'm packing all my cold weather gear!!!!!
Old Sat Feb 19, 2005, 05:00pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:

Ahhh yes, March 21st is my first game. I'm packing all my cold weather gear!!!!!

If we started baseball/softball March 21st where I live, we'd have to use orange balls.
Old Sat Feb 19, 2005, 05:44pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by oatmealqueen
[/B]
If we started baseball/softball March 21st where I live, we'd have to use orange balls. [/B][/QUOTE]Mick has left-handed balls. Dunno if they're orange though. Mick?
Old Sat Feb 19, 2005, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

Sometimes they are blue.
Old Sat Feb 19, 2005, 10:04pm
Official Forum Member

Wow, our baseball season here starts this Monday, Feb 21. President's day DH as well another scattered game or two.

I'm going to Jacksonville State University this coming week to work one of four regional tournaments being held across the state. 1A-6A classifications. 4 Boys and Girls teams from each classification at each regional site. We'll have 8 games Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, and 6 Finals on both Friday and Saturday.

These regional tournament winners advance to Birmingham the following week for the Final 4 in all classifications, boys and girls all at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center (site of several NCAA regional tournament games).

I'll be back and starting my baseball season either Saturday, Feb 26 or the following Monday, Feb 28th.