The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 02:04am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Freshman boys "B" teams.

With 6:43 in the 4th, I'm the Lead when A1 and B1 simultaneously try to control a rebound in the low post area, resulting in a tie-up - I whistle and indicate the jump ball. Immediately after my whistle, B1 throws a hard punch with closed fist at A1, narrowly missing striking him in the torso. Whack....I immediately assess B1 the flagrant T and we follow the proscribed ejection procedure.

I just finished sumbitting the report. Five games left....hopefully this is the last one for this season.
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joseph2493
I've had three this year...

This is the first year in six years that I've ejected anyone.

For a while I thought I was in a rut, but realized that I was in the wrong place at the right time.
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by joseph2493

For a while I thought I was in a rut, but realized that I was in the wrong place at the right time.
None here in N.Y. (who would guess that?). Had one incident that occurred as my partner was reporting. I froze to observe the players, however, I did not see anything out of the ordinary. All of a sudden a group of players start chirping and coming together. As they did my partner and I closed down on them. Nothing happened. During the next time out my partner went over to one of the coaches to inquire about the incident. The coach responded that "# 14 had been throwing elbows all game." He told the coach that we would keep an eye on it. When he informed me I told him that I had not seen one elbowing incident. # 14 was physical, however, he was playing within the rules. We kept a closer eye on him and let him and his defensive post player know we were there (hands off, etc.). The rest of the game went fine. The "elbowing team" lost by double digits.
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by joseph2493

Yeah, after only one in the last 4 seasons this was the 3rd flagrant T on a player I've had to call this season. I'm hoping it's just some kind of statistical anomaly.
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 06:14pm
M.A.S.H.

0 coach/player ejections, couple T's, 1 fan ejection.....2 games left. Hopefully I don't add to any of that! Knock on wood.