The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 12, 2005, 02:16pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

High School Basketball is in need of several more officials to finish the stretch run of the conference season. If you fit the criteria below, you might be qualified to officiate a game in the immediate future:

1. Applicant must have been born with a chip(s) on his/her shoulder.

2. At some point the applicant must have either been in the military, held a job as a superviser on the job,been a policeman or a frustrated postal worker.

3. Applicant must have experienced a tremendous amount of failure as a wannabe athlete or enjoy watching Gilligan's Island reruns.

4. Physical requirements for the job are that all applicants must be at least 4'10" and 120 pounds. In addition, special preference is given to those candiates under 5'5" that have eyes in the back of their heads and have the ability to see directly through items that should otherwise impair their line of sight when making calls during the course of the game.

5. Applicant must enjoy making fans, coaches and players mad during the course of the game with their complete lack of knowledge of the game of basketball. In particular, the applicant must be willing to make the absolute one call at the games crucial moment that no one expects them to make that demonstrates their godlike authority.

6. Applicant must hold other gainful employment as a dog catcher, production plant worker, toll booth worker, garbage collector or otherwise low end job that requires no basic skill.

7. Applicant needs to be able to keep a straight face when being mocked by players, coaches and fans. A sort of arrogant smile does wonders for this profession.

8. Applicant must show tendancy to be as inconsistent as possible when applying various rule infractions during the course of the game. In particular a knack for making rules for one end of the court, that are different from the rules on the other end of the court.

And finally,

9. Applicant must have scored a minimum of 7 on his/her ACT test or if they have not met that objective must be able to drive a car to assigned games.

IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE A JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE CONTACT me in my OFFICE IN Oregon. Your salary will be determined by your ability to meet the above criteria and you are promised to have steady work during the winter. Improvement in job performance is not necessary to keep this position.
Old Sat Feb 12, 2005, 03:14pm
In Memoriam

The troll is back.
Old Sat Feb 12, 2005, 03:21pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
The troll is back.
So much time typing something that will likely get removed.
Old Sat Feb 12, 2005, 03:23pm
Official Forum Member

Please don't delete it, I find it quite humourous.
Old Sat Feb 12, 2005, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

We refuse to get in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Old Sat Feb 12, 2005, 03:54pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
The troll is back.
So much time typing something that will likely get removed.
The lad is sad.
Old Sat Feb 12, 2005, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

I actually thought most of his post criteria could be easily applied to fans, coachs, and players. Oops.
Old Sat Feb 12, 2005, 04:35pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

At least I satisfy requirement number one. BTW - where in Oregon is your office? I'd like to come by and make a few inconsistent calls.

Oh yeah - congratulations on buying a spell check.
Old Sat Feb 12, 2005, 06:01pm
M.A.S.H.

I'm sure you are the type of coach who thinks he knows everything and probably uses terms like: reaching in and over the back.
Old Sat Feb 12, 2005, 06:51pm
Official Forum Member

Let's see now ...

Quote:
Originally posted by thee xbear
High School Basketball is in need of several more officials to finish the stretch run of the conference season. If you fit the criteria below, you might be qualified to officiate a game in the immediate future:

1. Applicant must have been born with a chip(s) on his/her shoulder.

2. At some point the applicant must have either been in the military, held a job as a superviser on the job,been a policeman or a frustrated postal worker.

3. Applicant must have experienced a tremendous amount of failure as a wannabe athlete or enjoy watching Gilligan's Island reruns.

4. Physical requirements for the job are that all applicants must be at least 4'10" and 120 pounds. In addition, special preference is given to those candiates under 5'5" that have eyes in the back of their heads and have the ability to see directly through items that should otherwise impair their line of sight when making calls during the course of the game.

5. Applicant must enjoy making fans, coaches and players mad during the course of the game with their complete lack of knowledge of the game of basketball. In particular, the applicant must be willing to make the absolute one call at the games crucial moment that no one expects them to make that demonstrates their godlike authority.

6. Applicant must hold other gainful employment as a dog catcher, production plant worker, toll booth worker, garbage collector or otherwise low end job that requires no basic skill.

7. Applicant needs to be able to keep a straight face when being mocked by players, coaches and fans. A sort of arrogant smile does wonders for this profession.

8. Applicant must show tendancy to be as inconsistent as possible when applying various rule infractions during the course of the game. In particular a knack for making rules for one end of the court, that are different from the rules on the other end of the court.

And finally,

9. Applicant must have scored a minimum of 7 on his/her ACT test or if they have not met that objective must be able to drive a car to assigned games.

IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE A JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE CONTACT me in my OFFICE IN Oregon. Your salary will be determined by your ability to meet the above criteria and you are promised to have steady work during the winter. Improvement in job performance is not necessary to keep this position.
As my grandmother used to say, something like "the pot calling the kettle black" ???

How sad.

thanks
David