The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 12:36am
Official Forum Member

Done only two man all year, but have a question on three man since I have one coming up and I am getting different information on this situation.

I have everything down as far as any foul in the front court, but have some confusion on a foul call by the trail on the defense in the backcourt.

Trail has a foul on the defense in the backcourt with the throw in spot opposite the table. He goes to report and stays table side with the old "C" taking his place and becoming the new "T" or does he report and go back to administer. I thought we handle this like a violation and taht we don't switch in this sutuation.

If the throw in spot is table there would be no switch as I understand it.

Thanks in advance.

Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 12:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapps
Done only two man all year, but have a question on three man since I have one coming up and I am getting different information on this situation.

I have everything down as far as any foul in the front court, but have some confusion on a foul call by the trail on the defense in the backcourt.

Trail has a foul on the defense in the backcourt with the throw in spot opposite the table. He goes to report and stays table side with the old "C" taking his place and becoming the new "T" or does he report and go back to administer. I thought we handle this like a violation and taht we don't switch in this sutuation.

If the throw in spot is table there would be no switch as I understand it.

Thanks in advance.

Either method seems acceptable depending upon where you are located. I prefer to come tableside and do the short switch with the C. I'm also aware that the Illinois state association has instructed the officials there to report and go back as is done in NCAA mens games.

Make sure that you pregame with your partners what you are going to do on fouls in the backcourt. Switch or push.
Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 01:05am
Official Forum Member

Like Nevadaref says, "pregame, pregame, pregame." Around here, the C and the T get "pushed" so the T administers all backcourt throw-ins.

Z