The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 06:19pm
Official Forum Member

Yep, 4 OT's.

Womans league. NCAA Rules.

End of regulation, H team is losing by 1, with 4secs 3-2 Psst! P calls shooting foul on V. Clock is at 00:00. H1 makes 1 of 2. We go to 1st OT. I need to add, alot of fouls, V team only had 8 players. To start the 2nd OT, only 5 players eligable for V team. Others have fouled out. So to start the 2nd OT, we are 5-5. With 1 minute left in the 2nd OT, I call a foul on 25, their best player, number 5. She's gone!

To make a long story short, we start the 3rd OT 5-4. Game is tied 68-68. Late in the 3rd OT, V2 fouls out. Score is 74-74. We go to the 4th OT, 5-3.

You guessed it, 3 beat 5 by 2.

Damn game took 3 hours!
Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 06:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thumpferee
Yep, 4 OT's.

End of regulation, H team is losing by 1, with 4secs 3-2 Psst! P calls shooting foul on V. Clock is at 00:00. H1 makes 1 of 2. We go to 1st OT. I need to add, alot of fouls, V team only had 8 players. To start the 2nd OT, only 5 players eligable for V team. Others have fouled out. So to start the 2nd OT, we are 5-5. With 1 minute left in the 2nd OT, I call a foul on 25, their best player, number 5. She's gone!

To make a long story short, we start the 3rd OT 5-4. Game is tied 68-68. Late in the 3rd OT, V2 fouls out. Score is 74-74. We go to the 4th OT, 5-3.

Damn game took 3 hours!
Wow! That's what you work for, one like that! Chances are you'll never forget it!
Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 06:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by thumpferee
Yep, 4 OT's.

Damn game took 3 hours!
Wow! That's what you work for, one like that! Chances are you'll never forget it!
My legs won't forget it! LOL

Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 08:14pm
Official Forum Member

LOL!

I understand. I had one last year in the playoffs, boys varisty. Home team came off the deck in the 4th. We had a foul on each team in the final 10 seconds but both teams failed to capitalize and win the game. First OT, pretty even. But home team was losing players to fouls and was really depending on their second 5. At the end of the 2nd and 3rd OTs, home team hits a 3 at the buzzer beater to force another OT. When the 3 fell in the 3rd OT, visiting coach just looked at me and shook his head. He couldn't believe it and neither could I.

In the end, the visitors prevailed and the three of us were whipped. But I never felt the fatigue while on the coourt. Funny how that works, huh?