The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 09:11pm
Official Forum Member

Anybody have any info on where to get the shirts that a lot of the D-1 guys are wearing. Black and white stripes, but with the black solid block (nba style) under the arms?
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 09:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to brandan89 Send a message via Yahoo to brandan89
The Officials Choice has them Im sure.
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 09:52pm
M.A.S.H.

Already had this talk:

http://www.officialforum.com/thread/17721
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by stuckey
Anybody have any info on where to get the shirts that a lot of the D-1 guys are wearing. Black and white stripes, but with the black solid block (nba style) under the arms?
And unless you're working NCAA D-1...why would you want one of those shirts? Besides, if they are being worn by D-1 officials, I'm sure they have been given the vendor who sells them!

wl
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 11:02pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

Isn't it amazing how this post keeps coming up? I still personally think that they are ugly.
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 11:10pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
Isn't it amazing how this post keeps coming up? I still personally think that they are ugly.
I agree--again!
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

here we go agoain - -www.cliffkeen.com get 800 # and call them-they have a special order in stock!
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 09:43am
Official Forum Member

what is everybodies opinion on shirts etc. - I am trying to help a local mom and pop sports store stock some officials clothes - what are the best shirts out there - micro mesh and poly? what about pants - shoes -etc!!
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 09:59am
Official Forum Member

Smile

jdpeo,
I'm going to love watching this one. Everyone has a favorite from shoes to undershirts. You just asked the which Ice Cream tastes best question. Get ready for 31 different flavors in your answers. The answers will be many I'll bet.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 10:41am
Official Forum Member

The "Gonia" special dog training whistle! You know....that orange whistle with the black sides....oh, I carry the Acme "Thunderer" metal whistle w/tip guard in my pocket as a spare. (It's good to use to switch to keep track of AP as well!)

wl
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 11:08am
Official Forum Member

this is odd...

Quote:
Originally posted by imaref
The "Gonia" special dog training whistle! You know....that orange whistle with the black sides....oh, I carry the Acme "Thunderer" metal whistle w/tip guard in my pocket as a spare. (It's good to use to switch to keep track of AP as well!)

wl
funny you would bring this up. I had a girls varsity game at an out of town site like 120 miles out of town LOL. When we got there the we watched the JV game because we were way early (another story indeed) but better than late. My partner commented on one of the whistles the jv guy was wearing...yep you guessed it orange and black LOL...
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 11:44am
In Memoriam

Quote:

Use the Gonia just for coaches. Blow it twice and they're "gonia".

I still got some Acme Thunderer metal whistles somewhere- both finger-tip and for a lanyard. Used 'em for football way back. Didn't like the tip guards though- used to put tape on the mouth piece. Those Acme whistles are almost indestructible.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 12:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

Use the Gonia just for coaches. Blow it twice and they're "gonia".

I still got some Acme Thunderer metal whistles somewhere- both finger-tip and for a lanyard. Used 'em for football way back. Didn't like the tip guards though- used to put tape on the mouth piece. Those Acme whistles are almost indestructible.
I'm surprised many of you still remember the "Gonia" whistle! It's been about 25 years ago that they were popular. My dentist, who trains dogs as a hobby, suggested it because he felt it was better to use "plastic" whistles rather than metal. Better for front teeth care! Funny thing occurred when we left the game sight.....a dozen dogs were waiting at the gym exit when we left.

Regarding the "Thunderer".....except when the moisture from blowing it freezes up the little pea and it gives that long hooooot sound. Then you rip off a chunk of your lip pulling it from your mouth because the metal froze to your lip if you didn't have a tip guard or tape on it. Oh FUN!

wl
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 05:00pm
Official Forum Member

imaref - hilarious - unless your the one using it!!!!
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 07:21pm
Official Forum Member

Another source of striped shirts

If you want another manufacturer of striped shirts,try TEAMWORK Athletic Apparel in San Marcos (due north of San Diego. 1 800 333 6063.

They won't sell to individuals, teams, or leagues.
You've got to be a retailer or distributor, or embroidery shop, etc.

They'b\ve gor 100% polyester, 70% poly and 30% cotton,
and they've got mesh jerseys.