The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Where to get a correct ruling from (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/18068-where-get-correct-ruling.html)

zanzibar Mon Jan 31, 2005 02:04pm

When our experts on this forum disagree on a ruling where can we go to get an answer.
For example, I feel that the forum's experts were split on 2 sides on the thread that I posted (when the shooter jumps into an airborne defender). Where can we get an absolutely correct ruling?

tjones1 Mon Jan 31, 2005 02:10pm

Well best advice I can give you is if you don't believe what's said on here or it's split, call your association.

Dan_ref Mon Jan 31, 2005 02:14pm

Whatever MTD says is the absolutely correct ruling, especially if he invokes the dreaded cortically magnified confocal sugar cone of death with sprinkles and a 180 degree back flip into a tub of strawberry jello.

Right Mark?! :D

cmathews Mon Jan 31, 2005 02:19pm

how to tell if mark is giving a correct ruling or an interpretation

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref

Whatever MTD says is the absolutely correct ruling, especially if he invokes the dreaded cortically magnified confocal sugar cone of death with sprinkles and a 180 degree back flip into a tub of strawberry jello.

In Mark's posts you can tell if he is giving you a ruling by prefacing it with it is my opinion LOL :D

Dan_ref Mon Jan 31, 2005 02:21pm

Re: how to tell if mark is giving a correct ruling or an interpretation

Quote:

Originally posted by cmathews
Quote:

In Mark's posts you can tell if he is giving you a ruling by prefacing it with it is my opinion LOL :D

And you know it's a sticky problem if he needs to trudge up to his attic to retrieve the 1964 nfhs casebook annotated by J Dallas Shirley.

:)

JRutledge Mon Jan 31, 2005 02:23pm

I would always contact your state or your local association. Even if someone says something here it does not make it right if you think they are an expert or not. Many people do things based on what their state representatives tell them, that might not be in lock step with what everyone does or the NF or NCAA does. All this place is basically good for is an opinion. I know we do things in my state that are not always made clear by the NF and our state representatives comes up with ways or philosophies to cover what is not clear in any book.

Always trust your local people first. All we can do is give an opinion or share our personal experiences.

Peace

cmathews Mon Jan 31, 2005 02:26pm

Re: Re: how to tell if mark is giving a correct ruling or an interpretation

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And you know it's a sticky problem if he needs to trudge up to his attic to retrieve the 1964 nfhs casebook annotated by J Dallas Shirley.

well I want to know this. If he has to trudge up to the attic to get them all the time, why doesn't he keep them closer to the computer??? LOL

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Mon Jan 31, 2005 03:23pm

Re: Re: Re: how to tell if mark is giving a correct ruling or an interpretation

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

well I want to know this. If he has to trudge up to the attic to get them all the time, why doesn't he keep them closer to the computer??? LOL

Because my Better Half has instructed me to not clutter up the computer area and I prefer sleeping in bed that to sleeping on the couch.

MTD, Sr.

cmathews Mon Jan 31, 2005 05:43pm

Point taken

Good answer Mark, and given the same situation, I would follow the same course of action LOL :)

Mark Padgett Mon Jan 31, 2005 07:07pm

When you need a definitive ruling, give me a call. I have developed a psychic bond with Dr. Naismith.

There is a small fee, however.