The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

Wink

Game last night partners nick name is the General. Because of the number of T's he calls. End of good game player frustrated at out of bounds call slams ball to floor right in front of me. Before I could blow whistle the general was allready reporting T to table. I said hey I cant belive you stole my T. He replied you got to get quicker with the whislte son if you want to run with the general.. I couldn't quit laughing while we shot 2.
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

That's pretty funny, but on the other hand, if he knew he was going to get whacked, why didn't he just control himself? To paraphrase Al Bundy, "Coaches, can't live with em, can't bury em under the garage."
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 11:58am
M.A.S.H.

We have someone in our area they call "Mr. T", and it's not in a good way. This guy goes out and looks for Ts no matter what. I think they said his average for a game is 3. Sad
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_pa
Game last night partners nick name is the General. Because of the number of T's he calls. End of good game player frustrated at out of bounds call slams ball to floor right in front of me. Before I could blow whistle the general was allready reporting T to table. I said hey I cant belive you stole my T. He replied you got to get quicker with the whislte son if you want to run with the general.. I couldn't quit laughing while we shot 2.
It's an amusing story but he had no business handling something that was yours to handle as you see fit. That being said if my partner did that to me I'd just let it go same as you did.
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member

This "General" sounds like a good guy
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 03:39pm
Official Forum Member

I gave a T to a player once that was jawing to a partner. My partner had just called a tough be correct foul on a player and I didn't think my partner needed to have the T as well as the tough foul. I came in and whacked him as my Partner was raising his whistle to his mouth. My partners responce was something to the effect, thanks for having my back.
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 11:42pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
This "General" sounds like a good guy