The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 25, 2005, 11:05pm
Official Forum Member

BV game tonight and there are 4 adults on the baseline just giving my partners he!! about every call that goes against the home team. I hold the game up and look for game management in the place where they are suppose to be but they're not there so I call the sheriff deputy over.

I tell him those four people have to move before the game can go on. He goes to talk to them but only three move and sit down. He comes back to tell me that he can't make the other guy move because the other guy is game management

I'm near the guy now and he's giving me this "I just got over on you" grin so I tell him that if I hear anything from him again that I'm going to give the home team a T. He wants to talk some more but I ignore him and go tell the coach what's going on. The coach goes over and does make the guy sit in the stands.

Not exactly my idea of game management. What are some other ways this situation could be handled? I appreciate any and all help.
Old Tue Jan 25, 2005, 11:13pm
Official Forum Member

This looks to me like a fine way to handle the situation. I would definitely file paperwork with my state office if it happened to me.
Old Tue Jan 25, 2005, 11:40pm
M.A.S.H.

Talk to your assignor and file paper work with your state.
Old Tue Jan 25, 2005, 11:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Absolutely paperwork.

Can the guy be officially removed from his job for the rest of the game? I'd be tempted to "promote" the sheriff's deputy to "New Game Manager." It's some kind of nadir when the coach has to get the game management under control.
Old Thu Jan 27, 2005, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

This school is a terrible place to call at. The State is actually forcing them to use our association for Region games and they don't like it. Everyone, including the sheriff, yells at the Refs.

When game management wouldn't move, we were tempted to try the minute-on-the-clock trick to see if that would work but we didn't want the hassle with the State.
Old Thu Jan 27, 2005, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ReadyToRef
This school is a terrible place to call at. The State is actually forcing them to use our association for Region games and they don't like it. Everyone, including the sheriff, yells at the Refs.

When game management wouldn't move, we were tempted to try the minute-on-the-clock trick to see if that would work but we didn't want the hassle with the State.
Sounds like a no-win situation. It it get's too out of hand, there's always 2-5-5 to fall back on, but it would have to be pretty extreme to warrant that.
Old Thu Jan 27, 2005, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

It already sounds extreme to me.