The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 18, 2001, 01:21am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
I did some L.E.S.T. (Lutheran Elementary School Tournament) games this weekend -- what a blast!! Great eighth-grade basketball! The girls' championship game, we had to toss FIVE times before the game finally got rolling. First toss, both jumpers tapped it equally and it flew OOB. Second toss, ahem, well, bad toss by yours truly. Third toss, grabbed by two non-jumpers, held ball. Fourth toss, those two girls, same height and weight, tapped it equally and it flew OOB. Fifth toss, finally, white got smart and didn't even try. Blue bashed it OOB, and white got the ball. I don't expect five is the record, but it was certainly unusual!!
Old Sun Feb 18, 2001, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

Julie
You shoud be editor and chief of the Case Book!!!
Old Mon Feb 19, 2001, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

I thought maybe

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
I did some L.E.S.T. (Lutheran Elementary School Tournament) games this weekend -- what a blast!! Great eighth-grade basketball! The girls' championship game, we had to toss FIVE times before the game finally got rolling. First toss, both jumpers tapped it equally and it flew OOB. Second toss, ahem, well, bad toss by yours truly. Third toss, grabbed by two non-jumpers, held ball. Fourth toss, those two girls, same height and weight, tapped it equally and it flew OOB. Fifth toss, finally, white got smart and didn't even try. Blue bashed it OOB, and white got the ball. I don't expect five is the record, but it was certainly unusual!!
I thought you were going to say you had a 4 overtime game! A fellow referee friend of mine had a JV game go into 4 OTs!
Varsity game was scheduled for 7:30PM but didn't get started until 9PM.
Old Mon Feb 19, 2001, 03:33pm
Suppref

Wink

Rainmaker, I had a five toss game on the varsity level eaarlier this year. Same situation, A and B kept tapping OOB in the same spot. After the fourth tap I told A2 and B2 to stand in the spot, and we were on our way.