The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 17, 2001, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

Question

I was looking at "Ray the Ref's" rules and I noticed a couple I wanted to hear discussion on:

#27 On last second shot, if player A1 releases ball on a try to the basket prior to the buzzer, and the ball, while in the air, is touched or deflected by B1, the score is not counted even in the ball passes through hoop.

#42 If player A1 has established right foot as pivot foot, lifts the right pivot foot before ball is released on a pass, it is a travel. (I thought it was a travel only on lifting the pivot foot on a dribble)

Discussion anyone?
Old Sat Feb 17, 2001, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Nicely
I was looking at "Ray the Ref's" rules and I noticed a couple I wanted to hear discussion on:

#27 On last second shot, if player A1 releases ball on a try to the basket prior to the buzzer, and the ball, while in the air, is touched or deflected by B1, the score is not counted even in the ball passes through hoop.

#42 If player A1 has established right foot as pivot foot, lifts the right pivot foot before ball is released on a pass, it is a travel. (I thought it was a travel only on lifting the pivot foot on a dribble)

Discussion anyone?
Both of those statements are False.
Old Sat Feb 17, 2001, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Discussion anyone?
The travel occurs when the pivot foot is lifted and subsequently returns to the floor before being released on a pass/shot.
Old Mon Feb 19, 2001, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to mcdanrd Send a message via AIM to mcdanrd Send a message via Yahoo to mcdanrd
Case Book 4.40.4A addresses the ball being touched by B after the attempt by A. To make a long story short. count the bucket.
Old Mon Feb 19, 2001, 12:10pm
In Memoriam

Quote:

Dennis,
Who is Ray the Ref?
mick
Old Mon Feb 19, 2001, 01:42pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Dennis,
Who is Ray the Ref?
mick
Now there's a website that could use a new name.