The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 16, 2001, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

Angry

Well, my partner ejected the JV coach tonight! I called the first "T" because he was riding me and my partner from the get go. 2nd Quarter, I showed him the "Stop" sign and said, "That's enough, coach!" 3rd Quarter, he is riding me about "being out of position" but I KNOW I was in good position. He kept going and I said, "Coach, no more!" He blew right through that warning and earned himself his first "T" (and his team was in possession of the ball) I go to adminster the FT's and my partner comes over to talk to him to try to settle him down. After the 1st free throw, I hear a whistle, the visiting team fans cheer, and I see the coach walking back to the locker room. My partner gave him his second "T"!

Conversation goes something like this I was told:

Coach: "Come on (referee's name) Both you and Mike have had your heads up your asses all night...."

Partner: "Coach, now you know you got your first technical, I need to caution you to watch your language and . . ."

Coach: SHOUTING "Let me finish!! You need act a little more professionally because this is f***ing bull***t"

Partner: TWEET!!! "Technical foul on White coach".

I didn't enjoy the experience but felt the action was necessary. The coach earned this one. His team was only down by 5 with 6:00 and possession of the ball in the 4th Quarter when this happened. The opposing team made all 4 free throws and scored on the possession.

Old Fri Feb 16, 2001, 11:11pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by mikesears
Well, my partner ejected the JV coach tonight! I called the first "T" because he was riding me and my partner from the get go. 2nd Quarter, I showed him the "Stop" sign and said, "That's enough, coach!" 3rd Quarter, he is riding me about "being out of position" but I KNOW I was in good position. He kept going and I said, "Coach, no more!" He blew right through that warning and earned himself his first "T" (and his team was in possession of the ball) I go to adminster the FT's and my partner comes over to talk to him to try to settle him down. After the 1st free throw, I hear a whistle, the visiting team fans cheer, and I see the coach walking back to the locker room. My partner gave him his second "T"!

Conversation goes something like this I was told:

Coach: "Come on (referee's name) Both you and Mike have had your heads up your asses all night...."
Where I come from, this is a flagrant T.

Quote:
Coach: SHOUTING "Let me finish!! You need act a little more professionally because this is f***ing bull***t"

Partner: TWEET!!! "Technical foul on White coach".
Good call!

..Mike
Old Sat Feb 17, 2001, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

Talking The worst part

The worst part about ejecting this coach is that I've got to go back to the same school today. It was supposed to be a Freshman game (A & B games) but the AD told me last night AFTER my game that I would be doing a Freshman game and then a makeup JV game.

The coach my partner ejected WON'T be there because he has to serve a minimum 1 game suspension but I anticipate the fans won't be too appreciative! I think he wanted out of both games because he's a new father (2 week old at home) and these were his last two games of the season.

NOTE TO SELF: Never accept more than one or two games from the same school (particularly if they are in the same week!)
Old Sat Feb 17, 2001, 01:32pm
Official Forum Member

I'm confused

From reading the first post, it sounds like the coach got 3 T's. Were they indirect, or was I just reading the post wrong?
Old Sat Feb 17, 2001, 07:23pm
Official Forum Member

The only comment I would make is. Why did your partner go over and try talking to the coach right after the first T.
You know the coach is going to be mad. Sounds like this coach would have gotten his second T any way later on, but I think once the you wack a coach for a T you should give them space, let them cool down, maybe he would have cool down after the first T. Who Knows??
Old Mon Feb 19, 2001, 08:22am
Official Forum Member

Re: I'm confused

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
From reading the first post, it sounds like the coach got 3 T's. Were they indirect, or was I just reading the post wrong?
The post was confusing. He got BOTH technicals in the 4th Quarter (both direct).
Old Mon Feb 19, 2001, 08:24am
Official Forum Member

Had to sit

Quote:
Originally posted by Smoke
The only comment I would make is. Why did your partner go over and try talking to the coach right after the first T.
You know the coach is going to be mad. Sounds like this coach would have gotten his second T any way later on, but I think once the you wack a coach for a T you should give them space, let them cool down, maybe he would have cool down after the first T. Who Knows??
In Illinois, we use the coaches box and one of the reasons he went over there was to remind him that he had to sit down for the remainder of the game.