The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 10:58am
Official Forum Member

I'm not a Church-goer, but I might need some of you to put in a good word for me on Sunday. I had to have game management talk to the minister at a Christian school last night. He was running our clock, another woman (possibly his wife) was on the book. My partner in the first quarter of the first game (G-B JH doubleheader) had to tell them that they could not act like fans when they were at the table after they reacted to one of his calls against their girls. We obviously talked about it between quarters. In the second quarter I went to report and both the scorer and timer threw their hands up at my call. We had a TO a little later so I went to my game management and told her about the situation. She went and had a conversation with themm and the rest of the night went fine, although they weren't overly friendly with us. That's what I get for taking JH games. That was only my second of the year.
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 11:01am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally posted by Junker
I'm not a Church-goer, but I might need some of you to put in a good word for me on Sunday. I had to have game management talk to the minister at a Christian school last night. He was running our clock, another woman (possibly his wife) was on the book. My partner in the first quarter of the first game (G-B JH doubleheader) had to tell them that they could not act like fans when they were at the table after they reacted to one of his calls against their girls. We obviously talked about it between quarters. In the second quarter I went to report and both the scorer and timer threw their hands up at my call. We had a TO a little later so I went to my game management and told her about the situation. She went and had a conversation with themm and the rest of the night went fine, although they weren't overly friendly with us. That's what I get for taking JH games. That was only my second of the year.
You weren't at GVB were you?
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 11:05am
Official Forum Member

Nope, I was in Ankeny.
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Junker
When I was a teen-ager (back in the parentozoic era) lots of kids at my school wore lapel buttons (remember those, Jurassic!?!) that said, "PBPGINFWMY" When someone asked what that meant, the kid was supposed to reply, "Please Be Patient, God Is Not Finished With Me Yet." Next time you go to that school, you could take one or two with you to give to the table people.
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 12:25pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Junker's just having problems with the table personnel this year. Did they have their cell phones turned off, Junker?
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

Ask them What Would Jesus Do?
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 12:39pm
M.A.S.H.

Usually this only happens at the Jr. High level. But you'll get some nut case every now and then at the HS level that thinks cause he's at the table he/she can do anything.
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 01:05pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
[/B]
When I was a teen-ager (back in the parentozoic era) lots of kids at my school wore lapel buttons (remember those, Jurassic!?!)
[/B][/QUOTE]Naw, we were poor. We couldn't afford lapels. We useta sew those lapel buttons right on our necks.
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 01:29pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Adam,
My timekeeper was a minister. He doesn't need a cell phone. He's got the direct line.
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 01:41pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Maybe you should have changed your call then, when he expressed disagreement.
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 02:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
When I was a teen-ager (back in the parentozoic era) lots of kids at my school wore lapel buttons (remember those, Jurassic!?!)
[/B]
Naw, we were poor. We couldn't afford lapels. We useta sew those lapel buttons right on our necks. [/B][/QUOTE]

You are not a Monty Python fan are you JR?

“We Were Poor”

Setting: Four well dressed men sitting together at a vacation resort.

Michael Palin: Ahh… Very passable, this, very passable.
Graham Chapman: Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, eh?
Terry Gilliam: You’re right there.
Eric Idle: Who’d thought thirty years ago we’d all be sittin’ here drinking wine?
MP: Aye, In them days, we’d a’ been glad to have the price of a cup o’ tea.
GC: A cup o’ *COLD* tea.
EI: Without milk or sugar.
TG: Or tea!
MP: In a filthy, cracked cup.
EI: We never used to have a cup. We used to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.
GC: The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.
TG: But, you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.
MP: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Da’ used to say to me “Money doesn’t buy you happiness.”
EI: ‘E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN’. We used to live in this teeny tiny old house, with great big holes in the roof.
GC: House? You were lucky to have a house! We used to live in one room, all 126 of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of falling.
TG: You were lucky to have a room! WE used to have to live in a corridor!
MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin’ in a corridor! Woulda’ been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House?! Hmph!
EI: Well, when I say “house” it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a house to us!
GC: We were evicted from OUR hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake.
TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were 160 of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.
MP: Cardboard box?
TG: Aye.
MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o’clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down at the mill for 14 hours a day, week in and week out. When we got home, Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt.
GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o’clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of gravel, go to work at the mill every day for a tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!
TG: Well, we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o’clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice in two with a butter knife.
EI: Right. I had to get up at 10 o’clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work 29 hours a day down at the mill, pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing.
MP: But you try and tell the young people of today all that … and they won’t believe ya’.
All: Nope, nope.

Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 03:31pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Ref in PA
[/B]
You are not a Monty Python fan are you JR?

[/B][/QUOTE]I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day
I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesday's I go shopping
And have buttered scones for tea

I chop down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wild flowers
I put on woman's clothing
And hang around in bars

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspenders and a bra
I want to be a girley
Just like my dear papa.

Possibly, RiP, just possibly.
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref

You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs!
Ah blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur Keeeng"!
I fart in your general direction!
Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 03:55pm
In Memoriam

Mr. Elias should be along shortly too.

He's another Pythonite. Pythonoid?

Hemmorhoid?
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!
Now go away, before I taunt you a second-a time!

I am French!! Why do you theenk I have thees outrageous accent?!?!

Fetchez la vache!