The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 16, 2005, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Question

Anyone wearing the McDavid V-Neck Compression Shirt from Honig's under your ref shirt? I currently wear the McDavid V-Neck Hdc shirt. It works fine, however, I'm looking to cooler comfort. I've used the "Micro-softer" shirt as well. It is cooler, but the white stripes tend to go to the gray side 'cause material is a bit thinner. It also "clings" to you giving the stripes a "zig-zag" pattern on you

I find the regular poly or intera-wear ref shirts the one of choice over the "micro-softer" mesh. They just have a more professional look!

Other products and/or suggestions would be appreciated!

wl

[Edited by imaref on Jan 16th, 2005 at 11:38 AM]
Old Sun Jan 16, 2005, 12:31pm
M.A.S.H.

Well, I'm in the same boat as you. I wear the McDavid V-Neck HDC shirt (sleeveless) under my stripes as well. Along with the McDavid compression shorts! However, I love this combo, I'm always cool and feel comfortable out on the court.
Old Sun Jan 16, 2005, 01:30pm
Official Forum Member

I also wear the HDC shirt under my stripes. I have an intera striped shirt and 2 of the "micro-softer" ones. I was never big on the micro-mesh but it's really hard to tell the difference with these shirts (from the stands, if I'm standing right next to the guy I can tell) I like the fact that the intera shirt and the HDC combined keeps me pretty dry, but the mesh shirt keeps me cool. I'm really not sure which one I like more. Probably the intera shirt.
Old Sun Jan 16, 2005, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by imaref
Anyone wearing the McDavid V-Neck Compression Shirt from Honig's under your ref shirt? I currently wear the McDavid V-Neck Hdc shirt. It works fine, however, I'm looking to cooler comfort. I've used the "Micro-softer" shirt as well. It is cooler, but the white stripes tend to go to the gray side 'cause material is a bit thinner. It also "clings" to you giving the stripes a "zig-zag" pattern on you
That's way too much fashion for me!
Old Sun Jan 16, 2005, 11:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I wear an UnderArmor-type shirt and like it very much. I haven't seen UnderArmor V-necks. I had to buy the crew neck and my wife was good enough to cut and sew a V-neck into it.

I have a McDavid Interawear t-shirt, which I also like. But the UnderArmor-type shirt is even better. Love it.
Old Mon Jan 17, 2005, 02:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Lightbulb

I wear a McDavid V-neck compression shirt...and love it. I used to wear cotton...but decided it was too hot. I then tried the McDavid HDC shirt...and didn't like it as it wasn't a comfortable feel on my skin. This year, I have switched to the compression shirt...and love it! I won't go back!
Old Tue Jan 18, 2005, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

I really like the UnderArmor brand.