The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 15, 2005, 12:58am
Official Forum Member

Boy's JV - home was up by 8 at the half, but relaxed their D a little in the 3rd & the visitors put on a 12-2 run to go up by 2. From there it went back & forth - tied again with 1:45 left in the 4th....then the fouling started. No X's tonight though - before the 4th I told both captains that if we were close at the end & they started fouling, they'd better make sure their players were going for the ball, because we'd call the intentional if they didn't. To their credit both teams played it straight up. It came down to free throws - the visitors made them & the home team didn't. Visitors won by 3......
Old Sat Jan 15, 2005, 01:45am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
Boy's JV - home was up by 8 at the half, but relaxed their D a little in the 3rd & the visitors put on a 12-2 run to go up by 2. From there it went back & forth - tied again with 1:45 left in the 4th....then the fouling started. No X's tonight though - before the 4th I told both captains that if we were close at the end & they started fouling, they'd better make sure their players were going for the ball, because we'd call the intentional if they didn't. To their credit both teams played it straight up. It came down to free throws - the visitors made them & the home team didn't. Visitors won by 3......
Details, Tim, details. Partner, schools. email me privately, if necessary. Use the e-mail address listed in the roster. The one attached to the button on this board is all screwed up.
Old Sat Jan 15, 2005, 03:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

Details, Tim, details. Partner, schools. email me privately, if necessary. Use the e-mail address listed in the roster. The one attached to the button on this board is all screwed up.
3A interconference, Sweethome at Banks. Raymond Mott was my partner - first time I've worked him. We covered most of the probabilities in pregame, then went out & did the game. Good communication, especially with eye contact, which is a biggie for me. Every time the players started to get a little too physical we jumped on it right away and they adjusted and settled down. Both teams were very athletic and pretty well matched in both size and skill. Like I said a great game overall.

Now I'm off until Tuesday - girls double header at Cleveland. Watch yourself tomorrow, if the forecast freezing rain hits it could be pretty nasty until the Chinook rolls in & scrubs out the cold air. From the surface charts I saw this morning it looked pretty likely, but from what I saw later tonight it might not be quite as bad as originally forecast - still no doubt some areas are going to get hit though, particularly E Multnomah county.
Old Sat Jan 15, 2005, 12:14pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

Quote:

3A interconference, Sweethome at Banks.
Did you work this in the "old" Banks gym? That's the one with no air circulation, windows up near the ceiling, cement wall right down from the stands to the court and inbound lines painted out into the floor since there's no sideline room.

To quote a local Banks resident - "It's a hoot". Yeah - they talk that way in Banks.
Old Sun Jan 16, 2005, 03:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:

3A interconference, Sweethome at Banks.
Did you work this in the "old" Banks gym? That's the one with no air circulation, windows up near the ceiling, cement wall right down from the stands to the court and inbound lines painted out into the floor since there's no sideline room.

To quote a local Banks resident - "It's a hoot". Yeah - they talk that way in Banks.
Nope, we were in the new gym - freshman game was in the old one. I know what you mean about the old gym though - worked a JV tournament there last year. Interesting to say the least....