The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 13, 2005, 09:42pm
Official Forum Member

I can relate to this quote. I believe we are all in the "arena."

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes up short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiams, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumphs of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Old Thu Jan 13, 2005, 11:17pm
Official Forum Member

T Roos was a great official!! I have seen clips of him with a collar shirt running up and down working CCNY vs. Harvard. Was really a hustler when he called a game. I love his "block" call as he used to jump up and down as he called it. Too bad the Rough Riders/Spanish American War, Assistant Sec of the Navy, Working on the Panama Canal and all that other stuff like the 2 terms Presidency got in his way. Nice to see his likeness on Mt Rushmore though!
Old Fri Jan 14, 2005, 08:00am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ripcord51
T Roos was a great official!! I have seen clips of him with a collar shirt running up and down working CCNY vs. Harvard. Was really a hustler when he called a game. I love his "block" call as he used to jump up and down as he called it. Too bad the Rough Riders/Spanish American War, Assistant Sec of the Navy, Working on the Panama Canal and all that other stuff like the 2 terms Presidency got in his way. Nice to see his likeness on Mt Rushmore though!
Mick worked a game with him in his younger days.
Old Fri Jan 14, 2005, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
At least Mick can remember his younger days.
Old Fri Jan 14, 2005, 11:15am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:
ROFLMAO!!! I love it when the Yankee boys start ripping on each other!!
Old Fri Jan 14, 2005, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think JR meant Roosevelt's younger days.

[Edited by Rick Durkee on Jan 14th, 2005 at 12:20 PM]
Old Fri Jan 14, 2005, 12:21pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Durkee
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think he meant Roosevelt's younger days.
Yup, Mick can remember Roosevelt's younger days.

As for Dan?

Now you why we don't take him too seriously.
Old Fri Jan 14, 2005, 12:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally scribbled by Jurassic Referee
Yup, Mick can remember Roosevelt's younger days.

As for Dan?

Now you why we don't take him too seriously.