The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 12, 2005, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

My daughter is headed for Cluse France next week for a month as part of a sister-city exchange program for high school seniors. This last weekend, the teacher that was supposed to accompany her on the trip over had to cancel due to a family emergency. It was confirmed last night that I'm the only one with a passport that's available to go ...... so early the morning of the 20th, I'm boarding a plane for Geneva, returning on the 23rd. It even fits in with my game schedule - only had to give up one game, a girls JV on the 21st.
Old Wed Jan 12, 2005, 05:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
My daughter is headed for Cluse France next week for a month as part of a sister-city exchange program for high school seniors. This last weekend, the teacher that was supposed to accompany her on the trip over had to cancel due to a family emergency. It was confirmed last night that I'm the only one with a passport that's available to go ...... so early the morning of the 20th, I'm boarding a plane for Geneva, returning on the 23rd. It even fits in with my game schedule - only had to give up one game, a girls JV on the 21st.
I have a friend who plays DII ball there. Was D1 German Bundusleague but went there for more money. Says it is Great! Enjoy the scenery!
Old Wed Jan 12, 2005, 05:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
Wow, have fun. Doesn't Howard know someone over there who could get you a game or two!!?
Old Wed Jan 12, 2005, 05:56pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Wow, have fun. Doesn't Howard know someone over there who could get you a game or two!!?
Knowing Howard, he probably does. I sent him an email this morning letting him know I had to turn back the one game - his reply was "You will love Geneva". Unfortunately I've only got two days there. I figured on an afternoon city tour on Friday, then maybe a day trip on Saturday - thinking about Chamonix/Mt. Blanc in the French Alps.
Old Wed Jan 12, 2005, 06:26pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Remember - before you work any games over there, you have to learn to speak metric.
Old Wed Jan 12, 2005, 09:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Remember - before you work any games over there, you have to learn to speak metric.
And run on the wrong side of the court.