The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 11, 2005, 09:52pm
Official Forum Member

Hello Officials,

Where is there more opportunity at the college level to work games. Is it with womens basketball or mens basketball.

What is better to get into??
Thanks

Old Tue Jan 11, 2005, 10:13pm
Official Forum Member

I, personally, do not officiated college basketball yet (someday, hopefully), but I have heard women's basketball is quite a bit easier to get into and to advance in.

Sara
Old Tue Jan 11, 2005, 10:21pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by rviotto13
Hello Officials,

Where is there more opportunity at the college level to work games. Is it with womens basketball or mens basketball.

What is better to get into??
Thanks

rviotto13,
If age was not against me, I would hold out for the Men's game. I cannot imagine Basketball being any better than the Men's game.
mick
Old Tue Jan 11, 2005, 10:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

I guess it might depend on where you are from. But I understand that the women's game has more opportunities. At least it does for the women officials. There is just more opportunity. I know of women that have less than 5 years that have worked some D1 level ball.

Peace
Old Wed Jan 12, 2005, 01:00am
Official Forum Member

A female official in Phoenix who never reffed a game in her life, she was a firefighter and a high school coach, got varsity her first year. Worked a state tournament semi-final that year. Got JUCO her second year. D1 and the WNBA in her 3rd year. She worked a NCAA tournament game her 4th year and followed that up in the D league for the NBA.

She will be the next female official in the NBA without a doubt, and I worked with her in her first high school game.
Old Wed Jan 12, 2005, 01:26am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
A female official in Phoenix who never reffed a game in her life, she was a firefighter and a high school coach, got varsity her first year. Worked a state tournament semi-final that year. Got JUCO her second year. D1 and the WNBA in her 3rd year. She worked a NCAA tournament game her 4th year and followed that up in the D league for the NBA.

She will be the next female official in the NBA without a doubt, and I worked with her in her first high school game.
Her name?
Old Wed Jan 12, 2005, 01:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra

Her name?
Lisa Jones.
Old Wed Jan 12, 2005, 06:23am
Huck Finn

Yes she is. She used to be a serious physical specimen but I heard she stopped working out as much and I also heard she kind of cooled off of the NBA thing. Maybe something changed this year but the last I heard she was going to stick with college and being a firefighter (this was her choice). I do agree that if she wanted to she would definately be the next woman to make the NBA.