The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 14, 2001, 09:13pm
Official Forum Member

Just finished up my first year of HS ball. Hand shakes all around to my "partners". To the table "Mark D", thanks for the help. To the coach "Hawks Coach", nice job. And to the players "Ilya", good game.

Seriously, this forum has helped so much this year. How many times a sitch would come up in a game and it would be something that had been discussed here. In many instances I had partners that said after a game "You sure don't look like a first year guy". I give a lot of credit to you guys and gals here. Thanks for helping officials be better officials.

Mike
Old Wed Feb 14, 2001, 09:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Burns
Just finished up my first year of HS ball. Hand shakes all around to my "partners". To the table "Mark D", thanks for the help. To the coach "Hawks Coach", nice job. And to the players "Ilya", good game.

Seriously, this forum has helped so much this year. How many times a sitch would come up in a game and it would be something that had been discussed here. In many instances I had partners that said after a game "You sure don't look like a first year guy". I give a lot of credit to you guys and gals here. Thanks for helping officials be better officials.
I feel like I can handle most any rules situation that would arise. But I can say that because of what I have learned from digging in the rulebook and casebook. Also, I have been a deligent reader and poster to the McGriff board for the past two years and to this board during this season. With so many officials posting to these boards, there's not much than can happen in a basketball game that hasn't or doesn't get addressed.

If you have a question or play, post it so that we can all learn. If you're going to reply to a post, you damn sure better know what you're talking about. Because if you're wrong, somebody will know it and point it out. So many post what they think is correct without ever opening the rule book. Then again, that's a different way that many learn.

I saw an official tonight call a fumble, a double dribble. CRINGE!!!! There are so many who are ignorant of some of the most basic rules, it scares me. Read and learn. If you didn't have a passion for officiating, you wouldn't be here. But after you learn something, share it with someone else. It's the least you can do.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith