The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 07:37am
Huck Finn

I just would like to know others thoughts on how our shirts should fit. I have no particular reason other than I'm going to change how mine fit me. First, I'm not some muscle-bound guy who looks like a super stud in a shirt. Actually it is the opposite. I used to have a gym at my job in Vegas and I worked out before I went to work every day. Since I moved to DC I haven't had that luxury (the eliptical machine and dumbells will be in my basement by the end of February). My shirts used to fit me pretty good but I'm smaller now so they look baggy across the chest and in the arms. So the question is should they fit "snuggly" or loose? I'm of the opinion that they should be more snug than oversized. No big deal, just something I was thinking about to start this treacherous January.
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 08:08am
Official Forum Member

I agree with you on both points.
You used to look quite strong and fit when you were in Vegas, and I believe that our shirts should not look baggy.
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

IMO

Nice and snug. Looks better and more professional. I drink too much beer and am starting to get that 38 yr old belly. I wish we could wear our shirts out, but since that doesn't seem to be a possibility, I've been getting to the gym.

I also had my shirt taken in under the arms and down the side to get an XL tighter. I'm 6'2 216 lbs, a LG is a lil tight and short. I'm even going to get it taken a lil more, helps make my arms look bigger and my belly smaller. The baggier the shirt the bigger I look, and I don't want that.
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 09:04am
Huck Finn

Yeah Thump. I don't know why all of the shirts aren't longer. It doesn't make sense to have to specify a long shirt when ordering.

Nevada, don't remind me of what used to be I weigh the same, the weight has just moved to different places It will be taken care of shortly. I don't know if I will even have time to eat in January.
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 10:03am
Official Forum Member

My mentor just spoke to me about this

I get my shirt back today from the tailor (if my wife picks it up). I'm having the arms, chest and waist taken in a bit for a more snug looking fit.

Watched a tourney final last week. One of the three officials had a fairly snug fitting shirt. He looked the best by far.
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 02:48pm
Official Forum Member

Personally, I think nothing looks worse than a ref with a big beer belly officiating in a snug shirt.

If you're in great shape, wear em' snug. If you have a beer keg around your waist, loosen it up.

Z