The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 11:14pm
Official Forum Member

fresh. game...timekeeper on one end (experienced)next was newbie home book then visiting team book...home team is on the end with the visiting book...should I have made the home team book and timekeeper switch to enable visiting book the end of table closet to their team? I could see a conflict of interest for the visiting team...coaching boxes for one.
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 11:21pm
Official Forum Member

Why is that a "conflict of interest?"

I wouldn't have moved them. The official book is beside the timer and the visitor's book. That's the best scenario. I could care less which team is on that end. But that's just me.
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 11:22pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

I don't understand your concern about a conflict regarding the coaching boxes.

Also - what's a "table closet"?
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 11:40pm
Official Forum Member

table closest to their team....the problem I could foresee might be questions the visiting team coach would normally ask their book such as how many fouls on a player or time outs left for them...without having to cross in front of the entire table...the proxcimity(sp) it puts them by the home team...close games can produce pressure situations that normally might not cause concern...I not aware of any rules to enforce this but wouldn't you like to have your own book closest to your team?
Old Thu Dec 16, 2004, 04:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cloverdale
table closest to their team....the problem I could foresee might be questions the visiting team coach would normally ask their book such as how many fouls on a player or time outs left for them...without having to cross in front of the entire table...the proxcimity(sp) it puts them by the home team...close games can produce pressure situations that normally might not cause concern...I not aware of any rules to enforce this but wouldn't you like to have your own book closest to your team?
Cloverdale,
Are you aware of 10.5 Situation D?
Old Thu Dec 16, 2004, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

First of all, the only time a head coach should be at the table is if he's requesting a timeout for a correctable error situation.

That said, a difference in location of one person really doesn't make a difference. Also, in high school, it's very rare to see a scorer's table big enough that the location of the official and unofficial scorer is in doubt.