The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 03:26pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

This coming Friday night, I picked up two boys rec JV games to work. Because of a strange gym situation that night in our rec league, the games will be played in an elementary school gym. I've been in this gym before and it's usually used only for 3rd and 4th grade games. We normally don't even play 5th grade there because it's so small. My guess is that we'll call about a million fouls because it will be virtually impossible for the players to put any space between themselves.

I just hope I remember to change the hoops from nine feet to ten feet before the games or we will have broken hoops in the first minute. These hoops, although adjustable, are not breakaway.
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 05:09pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
This coming Friday night, I picked up two boys rec JV games to work. Because of a strange gym situation that night in our rec league, the games will be played in an elementary school gym. I've been in this gym before and it's usually used only for 3rd and 4th grade games. We normally don't even play 5th grade there because it's so small. My guess is that we'll call about a million fouls because it will be virtually impossible for the players to put any space between themselves.

I just hope I remember to change the hoops from nine feet to ten feet before the games or we will have broken hoops in the first minute. These hoops, although adjustable, are not breakaway.
Mark,
I assume you won't be going strong side that night.
mick
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

New Mechanics

It should be easy to work, each ref stays on one of the baselines... no running... it will be easy money!
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Mark --

You going to let them play it off the walls like indoor soccer?

juulie
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 06:22pm
certified Hot Mom tester

At least the school is only 5 minutes from my house. The downside is that I decided to work this league for the exercise, not necessarily the money, and now I will be working two games and not getting any - exercise, that is.

Juulie - fortunately, I get to work with a decent guy (Ken D.), since I told Bruce that if he schedules me with ABC I'm moving to Antartica.
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 08:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
At least the school is only 5 minutes from my house. The downside is that I decided to work this league for the exercise, not necessarily the money, and now I will be working two games and not getting any - exercise, that is.

Juulie - fortunately, I get to work with a decent guy (Ken D.), since I told Bruce that if he schedules me with ABC I'm moving to Antartica.
But, Mark, you'd look great in a penguin suit! Especially if it included fishnets...