The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 10:25am
Official Forum Member

Last night I had two pretty good freshman teams (4A schools). In the second half, V was clearly in control of the game (up by 10-20 at different times). V is committing some hustle fouls but Home team is sitting in a zone, not playing at all agressively, and not fouling. At one point the foul count goes to 9-0 and of course the V coach brings this to my attention. I know foul counts mean nothing, but this was so lopsided I was really looking for one on home, but there wasn't any. By the end of the game the count was 13ish (I didn't check after we shot the double bonus) to 2. I just never had a team that was down sit back and not play agressively in a game like that so I had to share.
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

That's why they were down and with a passive coach who probably was very encouraging to the players, it ain't gonna get better.

In communicating with V coach, "coach, your team is playing aggressively and got you a big lead, that usually comes with fouls". The kids are doing great, keep it up". Acknowledge him and ignore his insinuation.