The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 14, 2004, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

Thank you for all of your assistance, although it surprises me that some of you would joke about something that could be very beneficial. It makes me sad that you made references to things that were not even funny. It is a great program put on by the MHSAA that allows older officials to mentor young officials. I officiated at ages 18-22 with my father (a 27 year veteran MHSAA official), who was my "mentor". I am currently purusing my master's degree and work at the North Oakland YMCA. I was looking for high schoolers who would be willing to work a Saturday or two. We don't pay enough for registered officials, believe me I was looking for some "cheap" high schoolers who wanted a bit of extra experience. Anyway, if you know anyone in the Auburn Hills area that is willing to help out with a K-6 basketball program (officiating) please let me know.
Old Tue Dec 14, 2004, 04:48pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb

I think you need to understand that not everyone is familiar with what you are talking about. A Legacy program means different things to different people. I have never heard of such a program or do not know why the benefits of one would be. We do not have those type of things here and still I am confused what you are talking about and why this is so important to you. I am sure I am not the only one that feels that way and probably is the main reason you got the responses you did. I did not answer your original post because I was not familiar with any kind of program you described. I am still in the dark after this post.

Peace
Old Tue Dec 14, 2004, 04:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelli
Thank you for all of your assistance, although it surprises me that some of you would joke about something that could be very beneficial. It makes me sad that you made references to things that were not even funny. It is a great program put on by the MHSAA that allows older officials to mentor young officials. I officiated at ages 18-22 with my father (a 27 year veteran MHSAA official), who was my "mentor". I am currently purusing my master's degree and work at the North Oakland YMCA. I was looking for high schoolers who would be willing to work a Saturday or two. We don't pay enough for registered officials, believe me I was looking for some "cheap" high schoolers who wanted a bit of extra experience. Anyway, if you know anyone in the Auburn Hills area that is willing to help out with a K-6 basketball program (officiating) please let me know.
Kelli --

We only joked about it because 95% of the officials on here had no idea what you were talking about. The term "legacy program" only has meaning to Michigan officials.

Now that we know, I, for one, think it's a great program. I wish you luck in finding somone to mentor.