The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 14, 2004, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Thumbs up

I just wanted to say after all of the fighting in the NBA, we as officials on the College and High School level need to make sure that we do not allow or try to keep all of this stuff from trickling down to the lower levels. For some reason, these young kids today get a hot head faster and the coaches arent helping any. I just want to give props to every official on this forum that is do his or her best to be a professional role model! Great Job!
Old Tue Dec 14, 2004, 01:46pm
M.A.S.H.

Where I would agree that there seem to be a lot more hot heads these days (i.e. watching too much NBA crap), lucky at the high school and college level they don't sell beer, which was a big factor in this whole deal. NOW, I'm not going to say that I don't enjoy a cold one after I work a game myself, but no drunk fans at these games allows for a little common sense from the fans.
Old Tue Dec 14, 2004, 03:40pm
Official Forum Member

I'm not sure that I'd say there are no drunk fans at high school games. The only fan I've ever sent home smelled like had had a few pre-game beverages. Luckily it doesn't happen often though.
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 11:46pm
Official Forum Member

what kids will do

worked a game with an offical who told me that this year at a jv girls game she had a basketball hit her in the back of the head as she was reporting a foul on the kid...she was ejected and her dad was thrown out and banned from any sporting venues at the school for the rest of the year...she will be suspended for 2 games...the AD apologized but I thought the girl got off to easy...