The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 13, 2004, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

If airborne A1 passes the ball instead of shooting, he or she is still an airborne shooter as it relates to a player control foul?

could someone explain what this is asking???? is it that if A1 is airborne and passes, and runs over someone while still airborne, is it still a player control foul??? just a little confusing
Old Mon Dec 13, 2004, 12:13pm
MWI

He is not an airborne shooter if he passes. It is not a player control foul. If B is in bonus you shoot and your shooter is the person they ran over.

Old Mon Dec 13, 2004, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

situation:
A1 going to the basket jumps towards basket to shoot, then realizes he is going to run over someone and while still in the air passes,but before he comes down, crash!!! Do you have a charge (out of bounds)or a push(shoot if in bonus)??
Old Mon Dec 13, 2004, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

NFHS
Whatever you want to call it, it is NOT a player control foul. As noted above, when he passes the ball, he no longer controls it. This "charge" or "push" has the same signal (two arms streched out, pushing) and the result will be the same. The ball is administered OOB unless the team is in the bouns and awarded free throws.

I think the language is what is confusing you. A player control foul is just that, a "player control foul." It is not correctly called a "charge." A "push" or a "charge" are actions by a player not in control of the ball. At least that's how I understand it.
Old Mon Dec 13, 2004, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

NFHS
Whatever you want to call it, it is NOT a player control foul. As noted above, when he passes the ball, he no longer controls it. This "charge" or "push" has the same signal (two arms streched out, pushing) and the result will be the same. The ball is administered OOB unless the team is in the bouns and awarded free throws.

I think the language is what is confusing you. A player control foul is just that, a "player control foul." It is not correctly called a "charge." A "push" or a "charge" are actions by a player not in control of the ball. At least that's how I understand it.
Old Mon Dec 13, 2004, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

I don't know how this got on twice. sorry about that