The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 05, 2004, 06:10am
Official Forum Member

Nev, had West Wendover over here for a game today. During our pre-game captains/coaches meeting their coach commented that they don't do that back home. Is that true? Or was he just pullin my leg?

BTW, they beat Tabiona in a pretty good game (boys jv). We had Spring Creek out here as well. I didn't get to do a game with them, but I hear they did well. How many NV teams do I have to do to get an honorary association membership over your way?
Old Sun Dec 05, 2004, 08:50am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
How many NV teams do I have to do to get an honorary association membership over your way?
None, but your posts here have to become a minimum of 5000 words.
Old Sun Dec 05, 2004, 06:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
How many NV teams do I have to do to get an honorary association membership over your way?
None, but your posts here have to become a minimum of 5000 words.
How 'bout we compromise and I just get 5000 posts!
Old Sun Dec 05, 2004, 08:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
No way. No shortcuts. I had to post a whole lotta crap to get to 5000 posts!! You should have to work for it too.
Old Mon Dec 06, 2004, 01:34am
Official Forum Member

In Southern Nevada we meet with captians and coaches. Captains at half court, then coaches. Then it is game on!

[sorry if this is somehow some inside jab at NevadaRef and I'm just not getting it and answering straight ]

Clark
Old Mon Dec 06, 2004, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by totalnewbie
In Southern Nevada we meet with captians and coaches. Captains at half court, then coaches. Then it is game on!

[sorry if this is somehow some inside jab at NevadaRef and I'm just not getting it and answering straight ]

Clark
Nope, not at all. Just happen to know that he works over there and thought I'd ask.
Old Mon Dec 06, 2004, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
No way. No shortcuts. I had to post a whole lotta crap to get to 5000 posts!! You should have to work for it too.
BITS, Just start posting on the baseball thread, you'll get 5000 in no time!
Old Mon Dec 06, 2004, 11:44am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, but did you take Andro or any other "substance" to enhance your performance in getting to that 5,000 mark??? If so, forget it - strip that number back down to something manageable, like say, 1065 or so!!!
Old Mon Dec 06, 2004, 12:53pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Yeah, but did you take Andro or any other "substance" to enhance your performance in getting to that 5,000 mark???
I, uh. . . I unknowingly ingested huge quantities of nachos, chocolate chip cookies, and Diet Coke. These were given to me by my wife who told me that they were tofu, vitamins, and filtered spring water, respectively.
Old Mon Dec 06, 2004, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, but did you take Andro or any other "substance" to enhance your performance in getting to that 5,000 mark???
I, uh. . . I unknowingly ingested huge quantities of nachos, chocolate chip cookies, and Diet Coke. These were given to me by my wife who told me that they were tofu, vitamins, and filtered spring water, respectively.
Don't worry Chuck, those are definitely NOT performance enhancing!
Old Mon Dec 06, 2004, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:
Chuck, I can understand how you feel after being duped this way.

I must confess that I have recently come to learn that...this is hard for me to say...give me a second....OK...I've recently learned that there is alchohol in beer.

Old Mon Dec 06, 2004, 05:04pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:
Chuck, I can understand how you feel after being duped this way.

I must confess that I have recently come to learn that...this is hard for me to say...give me a second....OK...I've recently learned that there is alchohol in beer.

WHAT??? There is not...and if there is, I didn't know it until now, so any comments I might have made prior to knowing this shouldn't count...btw: gonna have to talk with my wife about all those nachos now, too...thanks a lot guys!
Old Mon Dec 06, 2004, 07:44pm
Official Forum Member

I will pick up the reply since NevadaRef hasn't logged on. As an ex-Nevada ref (now down in SoCal)we always had captains at 1/2 court, coaches after. Now West Wendover is called by the "Eastern Association" and they have always been known to do things differently.
Old Mon Dec 06, 2004, 08:03pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Nev, had West Wendover over here for a game today. During our pre-game captains/coaches meeting their coach commented that they don't do that back home. Is that true? Or was he just pullin my leg?

BTW, they beat Tabiona in a pretty good game (boys jv). We had Spring Creek out here as well. I didn't get to do a game with them, but I hear they did well. How many NV teams do I have to do to get an honorary association membership over your way?
Back In The Saddle,
U.P. here it is quite common to avoid jackets, captains' meetings and traveling rules in sub-varsity games.
mick
Old Mon Dec 06, 2004, 10:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:

Back In The Saddle,
U.P. here it is quite common to avoid jackets, captains' meetings and traveling rules in sub-varsity games.
mick
That's too bad. One of the things I enjoy about HS games is the bit of formality that goes with it.