The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 11, 2004, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

Similar to Bush Ref, I waited and waited for my shirt. Several calls and emails with empty promises. I said I was a new ref and needed my shirt by a specific date to find out it was back ordered. I was able to get them to send a larger shirt at no charge next day and it did arrive. That said, it took too long and had to fight to get it.
Old Sat Dec 11, 2004, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
OK, it's opinion time. It's almost time to retire my beloved referee shoes (Reebok DMXs)after years of faithful service and get new ones before this season is over. What kind do you like best and why? Thanks!
Rev
Go with the Nike Shox. Best shoe I have ever worn. I have worn the Run'N'ref's, patent leathers, and all others. I wore the Nike Shox and will never wear another shoe as long as I referee.
Old Tue Dec 14, 2004, 07:49am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

I wore Running Refs & Whistles by COnverse for years. That is until a buddy recommended New Balance 609's. They are the lightest and most comfortable shoe I've worn. As for the shine-up, they aren't the easiest to shine up but with a little work, you can get them there.
Old Sun Jan 02, 2005, 10:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by refaholic
Quote:
OK, it's opinion time. It's almost time to retire my beloved referee shoes (Reebok DMXs)after years of faithful service and get new ones before this season is over. What kind do you like best and why? Thanks!
Rev
Go with the Nike Shox. Best shoe I have ever worn. I have worn the Run'N'ref's, patent leathers, and all others. I wore the Nike Shox and will never wear another shoe as long as I referee.

Which Shox did you go with and how did they shine up?
Old Sun Jan 02, 2005, 12:04pm
M.A.S.H.

Honigs and Gerry Davis should have them. If Honigs is sold out, it doesn't take them long to get something back in stock! Last time I looked, Gerry Davis was a little cheaper than Honigs.
Old Sun Jan 02, 2005, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

refaholic,
I've had several players tell me that they slip alot and have trouble with the shox. You had any trouble?
Old Sun Jan 02, 2005, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Anyone besides me ever use the Reebok DMX walkers? They quit making them for awhile, but started again this past Fall. The feel good and polish up very well!
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 08:32am
Official Forum Member

My Christmas Present just arrived!

I have the Converse Patent Leathers from OC two years ago. Been having a problem with my pants getting stuck in the back part of the shoe. Started to become self conscious of it when calling, continually checking the damn things.

Anyway, my wife bought me the OC 3/4 Patent Leathers for Christmas. Look GREAT! Hopefully they are as comfortable as they look and they help with my pants problem.
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 09:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thumpferee
Been having a problem with my pants getting stuck in the back part of the shoe. Started to become self conscious of it when calling, continually checking the damn things.
I've seen some refs hem their pants well above their ankle. Please don't resort to that.
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lrpalmer3
Quote:
Originally posted by thumpferee
Been having a problem with my pants getting stuck in the back part of the shoe. Started to become self conscious of it when calling, continually checking the damn things.
I've seen some refs hem their pants well above their ankle. Please don't resort to that.
OOOOH NOOOOOO!LOL
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 10:50am
Keeper of the HAMMER

I just ordered the Reebok "The Finisher" court shoes from Honigs. Anyone tried those?
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 12:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by refaholic
Quote:
Rev
you'd better buy enough pairs then to last your career because they will eventually change the style on you. You know how it's hard to leave well-enough alone.
Old Mon Jan 03, 2005, 02:14pm
In Memoriam

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
you'd better buy enough pairs then to last your career because they will eventually change the style on you.
Yes, ChrisSportsFan.
"Never and "Always" are, indeed, very long times.
mick
Old Tue Jan 04, 2005, 12:22am
Official Forum Member

i was looking at the nike shox elevates. but they are like black leather and swaude two toned, I seen no way to shine the swaude on these shoes. how are you keeping yous clean?