The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 01, 2004, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

Re: Bad Night

Quote:
Originally posted by TheRefinator
Seems as though girls games tend to be more rowdy nowadays than boys for some reason, both from the fan side and player side. Make them all play in skirts again and they will have a little humility then.
I think the mothers of girls are more rowdy than the fathers of the boys. I think they can't stand to see their little darlings suffer injustices on the court!
Old Wed Dec 01, 2004, 10:06pm
Official Forum Member

Forkref, watch yourself, the sexist police are on patrol. It is a sad day when you have kids brandishing knives and the only thing the "adults" are worried about is offending them because they are the "supposed" weaker sex. I like the idea of boys or girls being made to wear a skirt though. Man, they would think twice about pulling anything. Seriously though, I didn't mean to step on anybodys toes here. Just wish the kids could play the game and leave all the garbage at home. I guess when you see NBA games turn into WWF matches you can't expect too much from 13-14 year olds.
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 12:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by TheRefinator
Forkref, watch yourself, the sexist police are on patrol. It is a sad day when you have kids brandishing knives and the only thing the "adults" are worried about is offending them because they are the "supposed" weaker sex.
I'm not worried about offending them because they are the "supposed" weaker sex -- whatever the h*ll that means. I'm only pointing out that humiliation doesn't usually work out to humility in the end -- and that applies to both boys and girls. Just because the girls are brandishing knives doesn't mean their human dignity doesn't deserve respect. If we would respect them more in the little things, they'd be a lot less likely to be dissing each other with the blades -- and that applies to both boys and girls. I seriously hope you're not working with kids anywhere but the basketball court. This kind of "kids today are hopeless" attitude is definitely not what anyone needs.