The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 29, 2004, 11:20pm
Official Forum Member

Had this situation in a game tonight that was going on simultaneous with the one I was working, the supervisor asked me this during a time out.

If there are double technical fouls, team A gets 1 and team B gets 1 at the same time, do you they offset and you goto the arrow or do both team shoot two shots and you goto the arrow?

I told him that I thought the shots offset and you goto the arrow. He said the two officials on that court had both teams shoot two shots and then goto the arrow. The two teams seemed fine with the way it was enforced.
Old Tue Nov 30, 2004, 12:54am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptStevenM
Had this situation in a game tonight that was going on simultaneous with the one I was working, the supervisor asked me this during a time out.

If there are double technical fouls, team A gets 1 and team B gets 1 at the same time, do you they offset and you goto the arrow or do both team shoot two shots and you goto the arrow?

I told him that I thought the shots offset and you goto the arrow. He said the two officials on that court had both teams shoot two shots and then goto the arrow. The two teams seemed fine with the way it was enforced.
Fed: Just the arrow. (Foul penalty summary.)
Old Tue Nov 30, 2004, 08:22am
Official Forum Member

Ball is dead; throw-in for team A. A-1 and B-1 get simultaneous T's, do we just give the fouls and then go on with the throw-in?
Old Tue Nov 30, 2004, 08:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Wise Weasel
Ball is dead; throw-in for team A. A-1 and B-1 get simultaneous T's, do we just give the fouls and then go on with the throw-in?
Again in NFHS play, you don't shoot any FTs on the double/simul T, and you MUST use the ARROW for the throw-in and it is administered at the division line opposite the table.

Here is where I think that the NCAA rule is superior. It is no shots, and the ball back to the team that had it or would have had it without a shot clock reset.

I hate that both teams can do the same thing and yet possession could change. This rewards the defense. It is a free turnover.
Old Tue Nov 30, 2004, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref

Again in NFHS play, you don't shoot any FTs on the double/simul T, and you MUST use the ARROW for the throw-in and it is administered at the division line opposite the table.

Here is where I think that the NCAA rule is superior. It is no shots, and the ball back to the team that had it or would have had it without a shot clock reset.

I hate that both teams can do the same thing and yet possession could change. This rewards the defense. It is a free turnover.
Since we're using NCAA rules, I thought right. Thanks for the answer Navadaref!