The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Nov 24, 2004, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to stewcall
I am U2 and A1 gets the opening tip off deep in their backcourt and is contested by B1. The plays is happening directly in front of me. I stayed with the play until A1 brought the ball to their front Court. R and U1 stationed themselves in the typical T and ZL prosition on the other side of the court, so when A1 went into to the front court I went ahead and assumed the C position.
My question.... would proper mechanics had the lead (L) come over to my side and the R assume the C position while I take the trail (T)

Stew in VA
CVBOA
Old Wed Nov 24, 2004, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by stewcall
would proper mechanics had the lead (L) come over to my side and the R assume the C position while I take the trail (T)
No. We don't rotate until we have 10 players and 3 officials in the frontcourt. The R should've slid to his sideline and then come back to the play to (eventually) allow you to release to the frontcourt.
Old Wed Nov 24, 2004, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to stewcall
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by stewcall
would proper mechanics had the lead (L) come over to my side and the R assume the C position while I take the trail (T)
No. We don't rotate until we have 10 players and 3 officials in the frontcourt. The R should've slid to his sideline and then come back to the play to (eventually) allow you to release to the frontcourt.
thanks Chuck--- makes sense
Stew
Old Wed Nov 24, 2004, 08:14pm
Official Forum Member

Chuck I am not so sure about that. Not having seen the play this might be a VERY deep C iniciated switch. I agree with you that we don't rotate until all 10 and 3 are in the front court but if the pressure on the ball continues in the front court by the division line on C's side then L and T should be inticipating a rotation. Especially if the A1 picks up his dribble just after crossing the division line and you have a closely guarded count on.

Now if there is no pressure in the front court or as A1 approaches it then I agree with what you say.
Old Wed Nov 24, 2004, 10:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Dewey1
Especially if the A1 picks up his dribble just after crossing the division line and you have a closely guarded count on.

Now if there is no pressure in the front court or as A1 approaches it then I agree with what you say.
As soon as you say the word "frontcourt", you're fundamentally changing the situation. In the situation that was originally given, the tosser (usually the R) should assume his/her Trail position, even if it means sliding deep into the backcourt.