The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

I bought a "noose" lanyard. I have not used it during a game yet. It kind of seems like it will choke me. Does anyone else have one of these? If it gets pulled on won't it tighten around your neck? When I use a regular lanyard it often flops over my ear when I run down the court.

Shont
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IAABO_Ref
They will come apart if pulled hard.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

I use this type of lanyard and I do not have a problem with it slipping or getting tight.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 01:26pm
M.A.S.H.

Slide Lanyard

I have a lanyard with a slide and I have no problems with it, doesn't choke or anything. It is very light and I hardly ever notice it. I also have the orginal smitty. Not sure which I like the best though. Just depends on my mood before the game of which I want to wear.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 01:35pm
Esteemed Participant

Never had a problem with choking or anything like that...one way to keep it from flopping around is to thread it thru the loop on your jersey - assuming you have the loop and not the little metal clip. Put the noose around your neck, take the whistle off, thread the lanyard thru the loop and then put the whistle back on...won't flop around your ears anymore...
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

your ears

I use the smitty lanyard and that works well for me. I am wondering how long your lanyard is, maybe you just need a shorter lanyard so it doesn't go over your ears. i have never heard of this problem before. Are your ears in the same place as mine, the side of your head. If not you may just want to consider moving your ears to that position.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

I use the noose and really like it. Yours should pull apart if you give it a good tug.

I got a good laugh about your lanyard flopping over your ears. Are your ears a little closer to your neck than most peoples or is your current lanyard a little long?
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 01:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

The only way to go if you ask me.

I have used the noose lanyard exclusively for the past 4 years or so. I have never had a problem with this lanyard at all. You can adjust to you liking. I have also never had them rip apart or fall off in any way. I am sure they can break or fall apart, but I have yet to see that happen. I even use this lanyard in football season because it has the same feel and stays in place.

I used to use the smitty, but seem to would fall off or the loop on the shirt would rip.

Peace
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 02:23pm
Official Forum Member

I've been a fan of the Smitty for over 10 years, never had a problem with the loop tearing or the shirt ripping. IMO, I prefer the look of the Smitty to that of a noose.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

I wear the smitty, but I'm getting a noose to keep in the bag as a back up, in case my loop breaks during a game.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 03:49pm
Official Forum Member

Only thing with the noose is you gotta becareful when the coach tries to strangle you with it.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 04:31pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Redhouse, you smart a_ _. I was talking about a regular lanyard, not a noose, flopping over my ears.

Shont
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

explanation

you have to admit that was an unusual problem. I wasn't the only one questioning the location of your ears though. It is however good to know that your ears are in the correct place on your head.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 04:54pm
Official Forum Member

Or you could just go without a lanyard. I love not having anything around my neck.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

or if he/she really wanted to, it seems maybe the ear would be a good place to hang it from. then you wouldn't have to say it keeps getting caught on your ear, tell them that is how you wear it.