The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 08:51am
Official Forum Member

Can anyone tell me what the limitations on time (Quarters/Halfs) for a girl high school basketball (Indiana) player whom plays both Junior Varsity and Varisty? I've been told up to 5 qtrs a session (night) with a limit on total amount of qtrs played a year being 180. My father thinks it is 4 qtrs a night, but a coach said that was the old rules.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 08:54am
Official Forum Member

Each state has different rules on this issue. You will need to contact the state office to get the correct ruling.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 09:37am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
There's gotta be a joke in here somewhere about Michael Jackson asking about middle school kids; but then he went and wrecked it by asking about girls.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 09:39am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
There's gotta be a joke in here somewhere about Michael Jackson asking about middle school kids; but then he went and wrecked it by asking about girls.
LOL!
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

MJ-

Players in Indiana can play 5 quarters a night, but are limited to 80 quarters a year. The rationale is to allow middle of the road/younger players some experience at the varsity level but to also check the number of overall quarters. The IHSAA believes that if a player is good enough to play in more than 1 vasity quarter he/she should be on the varsity squad.

Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 01:02pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the response

Thank you for the response. My daughters a very good freshaman player on a very good senior oriented team with a very good coaching staff. I'm sure her coaches are watching the qtrs, but I was confused with the old rule vs the new rule. Next time I have a question I'll use the general thread.

Thanks again

I usally sign everything Michael "Tony" Jackson, and I go by the name of Tony. Now you know why!
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

"A"

might I ask then, where does the "A" come into play. Do you have two middle names
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 01:31pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

Anthony would be a good guess
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

not only is that a good guess, it is probably a correct guess. good job mdray
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by Redhouse
might I ask then, where does the "A" come into play. Do you have two middle names
I think Anthony is correct too, but just to have a differing opinion, I am going to throw out,

Antione

Kansas basketball limited a player to 5 quarters a night when I last played there, but that could have changed in the mean time.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 04:03pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: Thanks for the response

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael A. Jackson
I'm sure her coaches are watching the qtrs, but I was confused with the old rule vs the new rule. Next time I have a question I'll use the general thread.
You're welcome to come here anytime and ask questions politely, and even if they're not right in our line, you might get a good answer -- like you just did! But the General thread will probably be even less likely to give you a good answer, since it's geared toward the wider referee community, but your question was about a local, Indiana administrative rule. So actually asking here is probably better than the General thread.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: Re: Thanks for the response

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael A. Jackson
I'm sure her coaches are watching the qtrs, but I was confused with the old rule vs the new rule. Next time I have a question I'll use the general thread.
You're welcome to come here anytime and ask questions politely, and even if they're not right in our line, you might get a good answer -- like you just did! But the General thread will probably be even less likely to give you a good answer, since it's geared toward the wider referee community, but your question was about a local, Indiana administrative rule. So actually asking here is probably better than the General thread.
The general board is great if you need ballistics advice.