The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 04, 2001, 02:27am
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Don't ask me why, but our local rec league starts games at 8am on Saturday mornings. This morning, I got to the gym and discovered I had Dave for a partner for three games.

During our second game (8th grade boys), one coach was chipping the whole time. Mostly (as usual with these guys), it was on rule interpretations, as well as judgment calls. By his comments, he revealed he did not know the 3 second rule, the over and back rule, the 5 second closely guarded rule, etc. In fact, after a while, Dave and I kept count of how many rules this guy revealed he didn't know. I think we got as high as 6 when Dave pulled a "Dave".

Dave called a travel, just before a shooter released his shot from the top of the key. Dave was trail and the shooter was in my line of vision from the lead and I saw it too. The coach yelled out, "Why was that a travel." Dave replied, "Because it violated the travel rule, coach." I guess he'd had it with this guy. I need to explain at this point that in this gym, parents sit at the end of the benches due to lack of a lot of room. Someone on that bench yelled at Dave that his answer was "a bunch of crap" (which, actually, it was) and Dave gives the T signal.

He goes over to the bench and reports the T on the "assistant coach", since he knew the head coach didn't say it but it came from an adult in the bench area. He also reported the indirect on the head coach.

The head coach objected, and asked Dave how he knew that the person who made the remark was his assistant coach.

"That's easy", said Dave, "he's wearing an I'm With Stupid T-shirt."

Once more - crack up time for me.

Ya'know - if we weren't both married and we weren't both straight, I'd marry the guy.

Old Sun Feb 04, 2001, 05:07pm
Official Forum Member

lol!!!

btw, my games, (in HYB) also start at 8 on weekends, and we got 3 of them over the season!

keep smiling