The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

say you give a bench technical, then coach gets stupid and you give him a direct technical. He charges at you and another direct is issued. Coach is gone, but my question is don't we shoot 6 technical FT's? Also, if there is not an administrator, asst. coach or teacher from the offending school, do we have a forfeit?
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 09:20am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb

Each T you gave has to be administered. So you have 6 FTs.

And yes you would have a forfeit if no one can replace the coach. Try your best not to go there, but that is the case. The coach I would hope would realize that as well.

Peace
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 09:47am
Keeper of the HAMMER

If the coach charges at you for this, then he's got bigger problems than a basketball game.
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

this is just a what if, it has not happened to me or anyone I know. But....just in case
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 10:49am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by scyguy
if there is not an administrator, asst. coach or teacher from the offending school, do we have a forfeit?
This will depend on your state association's rules. As far as I know, there is no rule in the FED rulebook that requires a team to have a coach. The requirement to have an adult on the bench is more of a CYA liability issue for the schools than a rule issue.

Your state association may dictate that this situation is a forfeit or they may dictate that the game is suspended until another adult is available to continue the game. Or they may say that the game is simply over at that point.
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by scyguy
if there is not an administrator, asst. coach or teacher from the offending school, do we have a forfeit?
This will depend on your state association's rules. As far as I know, there is no rule in the FED rulebook that requires a team to have a coach. The requirement to have an adult on the bench is more of a CYA liability issue for the schools than a rule issue.

Your state association may dictate that this situation is a forfeit or they may dictate that the game is suspended until another adult is available to continue the game. Or they may say that the game is simply over at that point.
I believe by policy at least, and maybe by law, many states require a *state certified* adult to be with the team at all times.

If you toss the coach and he's the only one certified to coach then the game is over.

Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 04:26pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Although not every coach is "certified", all are "certifiable".