The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 17, 2004, 11:40pm
We don't rent pigs

The test that some here have been so kind to share copies of with the group is called "Basketball Exam I," commonly referred to as "Part I Test." My test from last year at the top says "Part II - Even Test." Here
(Louisiana) I know there are 2 versions of the same test, with just the questions numbered differently. The reason for this is that when the test is given in limited space, you can't copy off your neighbor's answer sheet. Is this the case everywhere? Is the same test (give or take odd or even) given everywhere? Does anyone know?

Lonesome Dove
Old Sun Oct 17, 2004, 11:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by just another ref
The test that some here have been so kind to share copies of with the group is called "Basketball Exam I," commonly referred to as "Part I Test." My test from last year at the top says "Part II - Even Test." Here
(Louisiana) I know there are 2 versions of the same test, with just the questions numbered differently. The reason for this is that when the test is given in limited space, you can't copy off your neighbor's answer sheet. Is this the case everywhere? Is the same test (give or take odd or even) given everywhere? Does anyone know?
I don't think the two tests have the same questions, just in a different order. I think they are completely different. I know here in Portland, Oregon, the Part 1 test is given as a review or warm-up. We are allowed to take it home and use our books to study, and they give us an answer sheet to check ourselves against. The part 11 test is given for scoring and for our "certification." We take that in a big room, with no talking and no books allowed. It gets graded and not returned to us until quite a bit later. My understanding has always been that this is the way it is all over the country. Am I wrong?
Old Sun Oct 17, 2004, 11:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

We use the Part 1 and Part 2 Exams directly from the NF. Both tests are different for the most part. They might have some regenerated questions over the past few years, but they are different during the same year. All officials have to take the Part 1 exam in my state. Only those going for what we call promotion have to take the Part 2 Exam if they so desire.

Peace
Old Mon Oct 18, 2004, 03:19am
Official Forum Member

In Utah we use the standard FED tests. Part 1 is mailed to all registered officials and a passing score is required in order to work. Depending on when you register, you have a month or more to take it. It's open book.

You are required to pass Part 2 to be considered from post-season games. Until this year it has been closed book, taken in an association meeting, and often amounted to closed book, open neighbor. This year it will be open book, but still taken in the meeting.

I'm not aware of an even/odd system in the tests we take here.
Old Mon Oct 18, 2004, 05:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
I don't think the two tests have the same questions, just in a different order. I think they are completely different. I know here in Portland, Oregon, the Part 1 test is given as a review or warm-up. We are allowed to take it home and use our books to study, and they give us an answer sheet to check ourselves against. The part 11 test is given for scoring and for our "certification." We take that in a big room, with no talking and no books allowed. It gets graded and not returned to us until quite a bit later. My understanding has always been that this is the way it is all over the country. Am I wrong?
Juulie: Since you guys get the answer sheet along with Part I, can you send anyone a copy of the answer sheet? I have the exam (provided by Rich Fronheiser) and have already "tested" myself a couple of times, but an answer sheet would make it easier for the one I missed. TIA if you have it.
Old Mon Oct 18, 2004, 10:44am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Juulie: Since you guys get the answer sheet along with Part I, can you send anyone a copy of the answer sheet? I have the exam (provided by Rich Fronheiser) and have already "tested" myself a couple of times, but an answer sheet would make it easier for the one I missed. TIA if you have it.
I don't have it yet. It'll come in the packet we get in a couple of weeks.
Old Mon Oct 18, 2004, 01:35pm
Official Forum Member

rainmaker: thanks for the reply.
Old Wed Oct 20, 2004, 09:51pm
M.A.S.H.

Dittos...when you get it, may I have a copy too. Tnx.